XS Power

voltage drop on d3100 and 4000watt rms

this could just be the result of having a 05 escalade suv that the alt is controlled by pcm. but i have a d3100 in rear optima redtop up front and a 250 amp alt. the wiring is a run of knu concepz 0 guage +run to rear batt and run of 0 guage - to rear bat ground then rear batt grounded to frame under truck.big 3 done also. im running a lanzar opti 4001d,(4000rms) a soundstream 4.680 (680rms on 10 highs speaker) and a qpower 300rms on 6 tweeters. when the alt decide to run at 14v voltage drops to 12.6 and up on heavy bass notes. when the alt go into that economy mode bs running 13v it drops to 11.2v on bass notes. my question is for the electrical i have (especially d3100 rated for 4000-5000 watt systems) do you guys think something is wrong or do i need more batts. i am very happy with the system as it sound crystal clear and hits really hard pushing 149db on tl on music. im just concerned about starving the amp.

I had similar issues with my chevy avalanche 06. Finally broke down and got a alternator from singer that bypasses the PCM control,and I couldn't be happier,I haven't even noticed the voltage dropping below 14 at all. Got a rf 2500 on 3 fi 15sp4. 2xs battery . Before my lights would dim and voltage would drop into 11 sometimes 10.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

singer told me don't bother with 2 alternators ,unless i wanted to run way more power . i got a 6 pin 370xp from him and he said I'm good for 10k . I'm waiting on getting my batteries and cables.its possible you could run into problems with dual setup, belt slippage ect...

you can also look at the mla module it will trick your pcm into charging higher,and keep you at 14 ish.they quoted my truck for 275.00,i just decided to get the biggest alternator i could get and be done.

One thing you need to consider is, you are running around 5k in your amps. I would start by upgrading battery under the hood and adding a another battery in the rear.

truthsayer

Shoot I only plan to run 3400-3800rns total and have just about the same setup. 250amp singer alt, upgraded battery, 1 extra in the back and I'll be running an external regulator to get away from the pcm. If voltage stays above 13v I'll be happy. If not I'm adding batts until it does. I'll have 2 runs pos and maybe do neg runs maybe not.

imo you said you only have one run of neg and pos front to back. Your running close to 5krms. Your exceeding what the wire can handle. Do at least one more run of pos. Neg if you want and since you already have a neg run why nit another. Then see what voltage is like. Should gain a little.

if your still dropping either do an external regulator or the mla modular. And add some batts.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Shoot I only plan to run 3400-3800rns total and have just about the same setup. 250amp singer alt, upgraded battery, 1 extra in the back and I'll be running an external regulator to get away from the pcm. If voltage stays above 13v I'll be happy. If not I'm adding batts until it does. I'll have 2 runs pos and maybe do neg runs maybe not.

imo you said you only have one run of neg and pos front to back. Your running close to 5krms. Your exceeding what the wire can handle. Do at least one more run of pos. Neg if you want and since you already have a neg run why nit another. Then see what voltage is like. Should gain a little.

if your still dropping either do an external regulator or the mla modular. And add some batts.

^what he said, most people running that amount of rms power usually have 1 upgraded battery under the hood and 2-3 batts in the rear, and I agree with alaskan if you make another run from the front to the back you should see some difference.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter