Sundown Audio

The 4th would be best for putting the port above the seats. But loading may get weird for the woofers. Can't say for sure.

If you laid the woofers down horizontally. They would load a lot better. Because if you kept the woofers how they are now but had the port at the top, then the top two woofers would load into the port and the bottom two wouldn't.

yeah thats a good point. Is there a problem with the port being there? should the port having something "CLOSE" to fire at? with the windshield being the first thing that the port will fire at which is prob about 4ft away from the port. Idk if that is an issue with a 4th or not.

if i had the port under the seat line firing at the seat would that be better or would i give me some better results? I know sound waves need to bouch off of something and have heard the sooner they bounce off a surface the better.

E-series arn't suited for 4th orders? obviously whoever says that has no CLUE what they are talking about...

#1: The t/s parameters say otherwise

#2: I have heard several set ups in person using them in a 4th, and they sound awesome.

i hear apposing statments from everyone. I just have the ask and see if more say yes than no. seems like forums are hit and miss for fining the right answer. basically how some people will say a box design is horrible and wont work but them you have some saying its the best.

Keep the port unobstructed. I'm actually going to hack off the headrests of my front seats because they block my port a little.

Edited by Raptorman

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Keep the port unobstructed. I'm actually going to hack off the headrests of my front seats because they block my port a little.

yeah i already took my back headrests off. so if i dont wanna abstruct the port would the same go for the subs as well. if i had the port above the seats i would have to do the sub behind the seat firing at it. If i made sure that the subs would not hit the seats or rub against them would that be okay.

if i did this deisgn i would have to keep the the angled sides, which i dont mind because it would make the depth less giving me more extra room in the back.

415sportedwallv1_zpsb273a446.png

Uhh that's not a 4th order. That's a ported wall. But the subs will be fine behind the seats.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Uhh that's not a 4th order. That's a ported wall. But the subs will be fine behind the seats.

here is one more idea for keeping the port above the seat. i cannot keep the subs tottaly behind the seats there is a small portion of the subs on the top that will be sticking past the line of the seats. the seat are 25" from the ground. heres the pictures.

415sportedwallv5_zps06f43dbb.png

415sportedwallv52_zpse9e0f8f3.png