Sonic Electronix

I have started a project. I bought an Ampere AA3800.1 amp, so I have 3800 rms available at 1 ohm and Ive heard the amp has some potential below 1 ohm. I would like to hear advice and opinion on some DC Audio Subs. I have been shopping, looked at Sundown Zv.4's and Soundqubed.. Im going to go DC on my build. I thought that 2 XL 12's would be a pretty nice for my application. I also had interest in the Lvl 5 15 and Lvl 6 18. I would want my box tuned between 32 and 35 hz going in the back of an 01 Seville. So some of my question are what kinda difference in sound quality would I get with 12's vs. 15 vs. 18? This is my daily driver, Im not very interested in competition DB but hard hitting deep bass. I listen mostly to rap, r&b, some dubstep when Im driving or the Frozen soundtrack when the kids are in the car... lol. Im going to go with a Mechman 320 amp alternator, and I would like to run dual with my 140 amp factory alternator for the car - 4 channel amp with XS batteries. So please offer gereral input, opinions, advice...

Personally with that power if going with DC I would do a pair of 12" XLs

X2

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I had a pair of stock 4s on that amp.. And they laughed

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I had a pair of stock 4s on that amp.. And they laughed

are you saying you did not like this amp? It's sitting in my closet right now :(... I knew a guy getting a divorce, wifey got the car and I got the amp for $400. Every thing else I'm going to buy new..

He's not saying the amp is bad, he's saying his pair of lvl 4s on the same amp could have taken more power.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

He's not saying the amp is bad, he's saying his pair of lvl 4s on the same amp could have taken more power.

if Im under powering the subs at what point should I be concerned about clipping the subs or amp.. I was looking at a thread a member was suggesting to someone that overpowering subs doesn't blow subs, under powering them does. I interpreted this as some people try to exceed the capabilities of their equipment by turning up the gains and volume to the point that clipping occurs. I liked the 2 XL 12 set up because it left me room to get into a bigger amp down the road, and with that amp I could get plenty out of them.. I know the amp is 1 ohm stable and have hear people going .5 ohm with it. When I order the subs I was unsure if I wanted the .7 or 1 ohm coils. Has does anyone have some feedback on that?

Archived