Sundown Audio

How is the sae1000d rated at 1000 rms and requires 120 amps of fusing, but the 600d is rated at 600 rms and only requires 50 amp of fusing?

I have often wondered how the sax125.4 could make the power it claims to make with merely 2 30 amp fuses.

Thanks for the insight!

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Well at 12v if you draw 60 amps that's like 720 watts. W=V×A. So it would only have to be like 69% efficient to put out 500 watts @12v and 4 ohms. (The 125.4). It all depends on efficiency of the components and the design. If is class A or B or AB or D or T, whatever. Also if there are any on board processors or protection circuits that take more current as well. It gets pretty complicated. Don't judge an amp by any one variable. Rating of fuses and efficiency can tell part of the story. But you just have to take their word for it. If it says sundown on it, no need to worry, you get what you pay for and then some. All the big daddy brands are the same. DC, DD... they don't mess around when it comes to trust. If they say it, that's because they will do it on their worst day.