Second Skin Audio

SA-15 Box Design Help

BigManAC

Hey guys hope everything going well. A buddy of mine wants me to seal off his civic soon and build a box so here I am. If any of you read the thread I posted a little bit back the kid got the SA-15 and box for cheap and they both had this tar crap all over it. It look like the coated the underside of the cone and some of the coil/spider as if it had came apart. Well the sub finally failed and he is sending it off to fixmyspeaker. Anywho.... The sub will be re-coned with a better spider, coil, and new cone and they said it will now be rated at 1000wrms instead of the underrated 600 wrms sundown has posted haha. Here is the specs:

Sub: SA-15 re-coned 1000wrms handle

Amp: Kenwood KAC9106D 1000wrms @ 2ohms http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/amplifiers/kac-9106d/

Box:AustinT_zps477c7e1c.png

Austin_zpscd65c1f6.png

Any changes that need to be made let me know. TIA

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Bump

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Thinking the box builders/designers are all asleep or on holiday. I'm waiting on responses in my thread too. I'd offer to help, but it'd be the blind leading the near sighted since I'm learning as I go on my first ported enclosure.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Yeah haha just hoping to get some imput before time comes to build it. If not we will see how it turns out.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Yeah haha just hoping to get some imput before time comes to build it. If not we will see how it turns out.

Kinda in the same boat. Got a little tidbit here and there. I did all the design work (and that's what makes me nervous) so if it sounds like ass I'll have to own it. On the other hand, if it sounds tits I get all the credit.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Your enclosure looks ok so far except for the sub loading directly in to the port. Try to avoid having the magnet directly above the port opening. If you have space make your box a little wider and reposition sub. You could also shoot for a 3.5-3.75 cube box. My mates SA15 sounded good in that range (sundown recommends 3-4 ft3 though).

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Alright I will play with it some more and bring the side out to move the sub more.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400