Second Skin Audio

Input for trunk hair tricks

lol at your stories with the alt.

multi million dollar alt company cant make an alt for your car, but local joe blow can?

its not that man, i called a local electrician shop they rebuild alts, have been for 38 years " joe blow"? are you that much a douche? anyways he told me he could rebuild it for 1 dollar per amp if i needed it in an emergency he even told me since its a new style alternator he isnt sure how it will turn out but its an option till mechman or singer come out with 2014 corolla S alternators.

infact your from illinois, so go ahead and call up peru auto electric in peru illinois mr know it all..

theres guys on ebay that do the same thing your local electrician shop does. except they're mostly garbage. not bashing on the mans shop directly, just telling what i've seen happen to other people (and whats happened to me). bigger internals in a stock casing. $5 thats exactly what your local guy is going to do. stock alt casings with bigger stators sometimes dont even TURN ON when idling in D, so the alt builder will tell you to put on a pulley thats an inch smaller than stock so spins faster and actually charges when at a stop light. not to mention if he uses chinese regulators, your voltage will be all over the place. oh and when you put bigger internals inside a stock casing, the stock casing was designed to dissipate the heat coming from OEM internals. bigger internals = more heat + not enough cooling = self destruction.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty sure 2 zv4 12's a properly tuned box sealed forward being pushed by a crescendo 5k will do the trick..

No way in hell a stock 120 denso will even float at 12v under a 400+ amp load. Your better off buying more batteries and charge the bank over night.

I have 5 125a agm's. The original denso 110a fried in 2 weeks mainly from charging a 600ah bank.

not to mention I dropped well below 10v at the time, Pulling only 3500rms from a 8600 RMS setup.

If you seal & deaden the cabin good,give your zv4s a nice low tune and dont skimp out on port area then you can probably "lift" hair with only one window open at 3k RMS. A decent hair trick is gonna require almost double the power,and to be safe you want to account for impedance rise. If you want to give them 3k+/- a piece then look for an amp that does 8-10k RMS. This will almost guarantee a decent hair trick if the install is properly done.

multi million dollar alt company cant make an alt for your car, but local joe blow can?

its not that man, i called a local electrician shop they rebuild alts, have been for 38 years " joe blow"? are you that much a douche? anyways he told me he could rebuild it for 1 dollar per amp if i needed it in an emergency he even told me since its a new style alternator he isnt sure how it will turn out but its an option till mechman or singer come out with 2014 corolla S alternators.

infact your from illinois, so go ahead and call up peru auto electric in peru illinois mr know it all..

theres guys on ebay that do the same thing your local electrician shop does. except they're mostly garbage. not bashing on the mans shop directly, just telling what i've seen happen to other people (and whats happened to me). bigger internals in a stock casing. $5 thats exactly what your local guy is going to do. stock alt casings with bigger stators sometimes dont even TURN ON when idling in D, so the alt builder will tell you to put on a pulley thats an inch smaller than stock so spins faster and actually charges when at a stop light. not to mention if he uses chinese regulators, your voltage will be all over the place. oh and when you put bigger internals inside a stock casing, the stock casing was designed to dissipate the heat coming from OEM internals. bigger internals = more heat + not enough cooling = self destruction.

I cannot stress how important this is.

When having your alternator rebuilt, they usually just re-wind them with thicker guage windings and just replace the rectifier and regulator with cheap ones. This reduces the resistance of the stator which makes more heat and requires more speed to make output at idle. An overdrive pully will kill your alternator much quicker + the added heat in the stock casing which is probably internally cooled which isn't good for more heat.

If you connect your battery bank of 5 batteries on a cheap alt setup like that, it most likely won't have enough amperage to float charge your bank and power your accesories at idle EVEN WITH AN OVERDRIVE PULLEY.

Just build up a retarded battery bank and charge overnight.

thats exactly what the guy at that shop told me he said at idle I wouldnt be charging at all he said it would all occur at like 2.5k rpm so your right and I understand that, i dont have the power yet but from what im reading dont have the power to do what I want unless i can manage to put a universal second alternator in, you think that would work? or are they vehicle specific?

right now with my current setup my obsidians at full tilt with my ct sounds amp im conistantly at 14.2 - 13.1 idle pounding and when im cruising it doesnt change much but again I have a car that was manufactured 4 months ago and the electrical system is so new its pretty tough, what the guy at the shop did tell me was that if my alternator was a denso than it was bullet proof and as soon as i turn down the gain or bass it will charge my battery bank.

You might not be able to fit those subs with 7 knock off ds1200s an the nendo back there

can you kindly stop posting in my thread.

Christopher, do not use the report button cause your feeling are hurt... please use it for its intended purpose

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

You know what the best part about this thread is? You can go out and spend thousands on equipment, with only "doing hair tricks" as your priority, and not even consider that the cabin geometry in your vehicle just won't let air move around enough. There's a shit load of things that you haven't even touched that will greatly effect your results.

Lots of 150+ vehicles don't move a lot of air.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.Wall. Wall.

Because on that starved 5500 your going to need some more cone area...and lack of experience you have does not result in 1st build does hartricks.....you will build rebuild rebuild rebuild and then do it a few more times. Drop the 12's skip the rebuilds and wall. and then post pics once you do.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

wall or get a fan. really the only two guaranteed ways for a "budget" hairtrick

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived