Sonic Electronix

Single Skar VVX8-D4 question

Installed system:

Focal comps up front

Zapco iforce comps rear

Zapco AG360 4ch amp powering comps (50wX4)

Skar VVX8 D4 sub

Zapco 500.1 amp powering sub (500wX1)

My question is this: The sub just does not seem like its able to keep up with the rest of the system. It seems to me that I can use another 500 watts of power, or another sub. Sure, the sub sounds fantastic, bass is deep and clean. But it seems like the bass cannot keep up with the mids/highs. Anyone have any experience with using a single 8" sub with a 4channel system? its my first. I usually use two 12's or 15's, and did not ever experience a lack of bass, even with the same amps....

thanks

Small cone area

Small power

Can only get so loud

What kind of box is your sub in?

How is your sub wired?

Your sub is a d4 so if you wire them parallel you'll be at 2 ohms so your not seeing 500 watts your most likely seeing less than half (depends what your amp is rated at 2ohms)

Installed system:

Focal comps up front

Zapco iforce comps rear

Skar VVX8 D4 sub

My question is this: The sub just does not seem like its able to keep up with the rest of the system. It seems to me that I can use another 500 watts of power, or another sub. Sure, the sub sounds fantastic, bass is deep and clean. But it seems like the bass cannot keep up with the mids/highs. Anyone have any experience with using a single 8" sub with a 4channel system? its my first. I usually use two 12's or 15's, and did not ever experience a lack of bass, even with the same amps....

thanks

its an 8" sub. you wouldnt expect 800hp out of a geo metro would you?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Small cone area

Small power

Can only get so loud

What kind of box is your sub in?

How is your sub wired?

Your sub is a d4 so if you wire them parallel you'll be at 2 ohms so your not seeing 500 watts your most likely seeing less than half (depends what your amp is rated at 2ohms)

Zapco Reference 500.1 mono amp.

350wrms @ 4ohms

500wrms @ 2ohms

yes I have both vc's in parallel for a 2ohm load.

I can hook up my RU D4 12" sub and get a LOT more bass, and also with my 15. Just the 8 is lacking output.

But I am getting plenty of replies stating that a single 8 will not put out much, so I am satisfied with that.

Installed system:

Focal comps up front

Zapco iforce comps rear

Skar VVX8 D4 sub

thanks

Its more about the difference (to me) of powering a 12 or 15 sub with the same amp, which pounds plenty, versus this little 8. Its the first time I've tried a single 8" sub in a car, and needed to get some feedback about what I should be expecting. i figured I should be getting at least 400hp out of a metro, so to speak.

Installed system:

Focal comps up front

Zapco iforce comps rear

Skar VVX8 D4 sub

thanks

Its more about the difference (to me) of powering a 12 or 15 sub with the same amp, which pounds plenty, versus this little 8. Its the first time I've tried a single 8" sub in a car, and needed to get some feedback about what I should be expecting. i figured I should be getting at least 400hp out of a metro, so to speak.

Its the first time I've tried a single 8" sub in a car, and needed to get some feedback about what I should be expecting.

you should be expecting significantly less output than a 12 or 15, since it is significantly less subwoofer than a 12 or 15.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived