problem with dd1

Okay with a -5db tone the saz 1200 shows clipping at 19 out of 35 this is with all settings flat sub level at 0. When I played a 40hz 0db tone with dd1 plugged into headunit it produced a clean signal all the way to 35 my headunit max so something is wrong somewhere

Okay everything is all set I have the max unclipped signal at 29 set the gains of the full range speaker using a -5db 1khz tone used a -5db 40hz tone. My only question is I never get a solid distortion signal when turning up the gain knob it just bleeps in the manual it says that it will do this and wait for a solid distortion signal. Even at max gain I can not get a distortion signal. Does that sound normal? I have the gain at 1/4 turn right below the first blip and I know this is wrong because sitting idle at full blown my voltage doesn't even drop below 14 which is not correct. But I feel like gain knob all the way up does not make sense. I am going to use a dmm today to try and get a ballpark of where gain should be unless this just means I need to have gain knob all the way up since it does not give me a distortion signal.

Okay everything is all set I have the max unclipped signal at 29 set the gains of the full range speaker using a -5db 1khz tone used a -5db 40hz tone. My only question is I never get a solid distortion signal when turning up the gain knob it just bleeps in the manual it says that it will do this and wait for a solid distortion signal. Even at max gain I can not get a distortion signal. Does that sound normal? I have the gain at 1/4 turn right below the first blip and I know this is wrong because sitting idle at full blown my voltage doesn't even drop below 14 which is not correct. But I feel like gain knob all the way up does not make sense. I am going to use a dmm today to try and get a ballpark of where gain should be unless this just means I need to have gain knob all the way up since it does not give me a distortion signal.

No matter what I do I can not get a solid distortion signal in my saz 1200 when adjusting the gain knob I have tried all the tracks -5 -10 -15 0 I have tried with sub level all the way up all the way down. It never shows a distortion signal I have read the book rechecked everything. I don't know where to go from here I have gain set right know a little bit below half. Any ideas I was going to use a dmm to see if that will get me a ballpark I know they are not as accurate as a dd1. Could something be wrong on the amp some people said maybe corrosion, it is a used amp besides this it works perfectly

OP then your equipment has failed somewhere . Stop now and wait a few days . read this thread a few more times before you even attempt doing this again. all of the guys that have responded are right . but i dont think you understand what each person is telling you. i think if you are doing excatally as they r telling you , than your equipment has failed in some way. If not your equipment than the install .

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.