How far can you push your car when your alt dies? That will be your answer

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Anyone heard or used the new hifonics zeus?

I would stay away from anything Hifonics. I thought the same thing awhile back.. I got a Hifonics BRX2000 and thought it would be good, since it said "CEA Compliant".. (Which Doesn't mean crap) I sent mine back to Sonic and bought a SQ2200.1D and couldn't be happier. On my electrical I was dropping down to around 11.6 at times on that Hifonics and now I haven't seen under 13.5.. Plus its way louder and cleaner.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

you have alot going on here. Your talking about subs/enclosures when the subject is about electrical and how much can you push that alternator.

i run a stock alt on 5k and ive seen people run even more on one. Its not recommended but its doable.

As for adding another random sub and amp combo with an existing setup, thats highly advised against.

What electrical upgrades do you have? How many amps is your stock alt.?

you have alot going on here. Your talking about subs/enclosures when the subject is about electrical and how much can you push that alternator.

i run a stock alt on 5k and ive seen people run even more on one. Its not recommended but its doable.

As for adding another random sub and amp combo with an existing setup, thats highly advised against.

What electrical upgrades do you have? How many amps is your stock alt.?

my situation is a little more complex because im setup to run 5k and 10k in the future.

I would advise to get a new alt first and then make sure all wiring is 1/0 gauge. Then most likely add batteries in the rear.

there are a few ways to get loud.

you dont need a h/O alt. is it better? yes. but you have a few options.

1) batteries. only down side to batteries is they should be charged every weekend or 2 especially when playing hard.

2) super caps. these are a lot more involved and require a lot more experience. I would not recommend these for you.

so if you choose option 1. the steps i would take to run more power.

1) upgrade stock battery to largest agm that will fit(xs power, northstar, batcap).

2) make sure you have all OFC 1/0 wiring from a reputable brand such as sky high or kunkonceptz. welding cable does work but make sure it is 2/0 OFC welding cable.

3) make sure all your connections are good and grounds are good (grounds should be to frame, alt casing and/or strut towers). sanded all the bare metal connections and also if you can use a hydrolic crimper to connect lugs to wire that is best.

4) add another battery in the rear OR a H/O alternator. this really depends on how much power you are running. get a list of equipment you are going to run and list it.

after we know exact equipment we can tell you what you will need as far as extra batteries or H/O alts to run said qquipment safely.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Archived