help with voltage drop after upgraded alt and battery.

you can get an mla module,it tricks your pcm into constant charge mode. some people put there trucks in tow mode which makes it stay in charge mode also.i never tried the tow mode thing,i bypassed my pcm with an internally regulated alt,problem solved.once your computer senses the battery is charged it will drop down to economy mode right were your first pic shows.

I have the Xs power 12V AGM intellicharger so should I take the battery out and charge it again then let it rest for a day and check the voltage? This is a brand new battery so hopefully it's not bad

Are you getting so much drop - per se, at night - that you notice your headlights & dashboard lights are dimming like a MF'er?

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

I have the Xs power 12V AGM intellicharger so should I take the battery out and charge it again then let it rest for a day and check the voltage? This is a brand new battery so hopefully it's not bad

Are you getting so much drop - per se, at night - that you notice your headlights & dashboard lights are dimming like a MF'er?

he doesn't have anything hooked up yet. pcm controlled chevys drop in voltage for fuel economy,after the battery is topped off.

Well when it drops its more of a random drops the truck does a small shake like vrum and the voltage drops the lights on the dash dim for about a sec or 2 I haven't noticed the headlights to dim but they do dim bad when I roll the Windows up

So I have a Dc power 270 Xp alternator and a new xs power s3400 in a 2005 Tahoe well to the point I am still seeing voltage drops and I do not even have my subwoofers or amp Hooked up yet so that's what worries Me all that I have is a aftermarket screen in the dash and my aftermarket car alarm which should not be the problem I did the " Big Three upgrade" using sky high audio ofc 0 gauge wire someone told me to try topping off my battery so I bought the xs power 12 v intell charger before the battery charge it was sitting at a 12.8v

And I left it on the charger for about 7 hrs then after it was off I checked the voltage and it was at 13.2v so I put the battery back in the Tahoe and checked it

all was good no random drops well next morning turns out the same battery is sitting at 12.5v now what could be the problem here? When my Tahoe is on and just in park I see Random voltage drops as seen in the first picture but once I drive around for 10 - 20 mins The voltage goes up as seen in the second picture but once park again with the truck on Still it goes right back down anyone have a clue what I might have done wrongIMAG0347_zpscbebefc5.jpg[/url

[url=http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/shadow_80613/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0348_zpsca028d28.jpg.html]IMAG0348_zpsca028d28.jpg

mine looks like the bottom picture at idle full tilt! i like it, i like it a lot !

Well when it drops its more of a random drops the truck does a small shake like vrum and the voltage drops the lights on the dash dim for about a sec or 2 I haven't noticed the headlights to dim but they do dim bad when I roll the Windows up

yep same thing mine used to do with the windows rolling up and dropping voltage. can't believe dc didn't explain the pcm thing to you. i used to be able to drop voltage by grabbing the window tab,and the window was already up, truck would actually shake a little.

he doesn't have anything hooked up yet. pcm controlled chevys drop in voltage for fuel economy,after the battery is topped off.

I am just trying to see if any of his experience(s) are like what I had in my 2003 Monte Carlo ... which I was told is a NON-PCM-controlled vehicle.

... & I am sorry, reading quickly - which is a very bad habit for me - I took his reference to sub & amp not in yet to mean he had midbass/mids/highs &/or other amps in that were creating the draw. Apologies all-around.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Archived