help with voltage drop after upgraded alt and battery.

So I have a Dc power 270 Xp alternator and a new xs power s3400 in a 2005 Tahoe well to the point I am still seeing voltage drops and I do not even have my subwoofers or amp Hooked up yet so that's what worries Me all that I have is a aftermarket screen in the dash and my aftermarket car alarm which should not be the problem I did the " Big Three upgrade" using sky high audio ofc 0 gauge wire someone told me to try topping off my battery so I bought the xs power 12 v intell charger before the battery charge it was sitting at a 12.8v

And I left it on the charger for about 7 hrs then after it was off I checked the voltage and it was at 13.2v so I put the battery back in the Tahoe and checked it

all was good no random drops well next morning turns out the same battery is sitting at 12.5v now what could be the problem here? When my Tahoe is on and just in park I see Random voltage drops as seen in the first picture but once I drive around for 10 - 20 mins The voltage goes up as seen in the second picture but once park again with the truck on Still it goes right back down anyone have a clue what I might have done wrongIMAG0347_zpscbebefc5.jpg[/url

[url=http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/shadow_80613/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0348_zpsca028d28.jpg.html]IMAG0348_zpsca028d28.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punctuation: use it.

Don't go by the voltage meter in the dash since you don't REALLY know what the reading is. Hey a quality volt meter and install it. 12.5V for that battery is low and is likely where you were ALWAYS resting. T can't measure the voltage directly after you take it off of a charger. It has to rest for some time to give you a TRUE reading. 12-24 hours rest will tell you the real voltage at rest.

You need to recondition your battery with a quality charger. Are you using a charger intended for AGM batteries?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Just read through your RUN on sentence.

Yup.

your turn on is to low.

You need a small pulley

DC FTW !!

EDIT- when your in park, your revs are to low to "turn the alt" on.

when your "driving" around, the revs are UP, and you see voltage.....

Sorry man.... sucks....

if your running your alternator through the stock harness, it is pcm controlled and it will keep you from getting what you could get out of your dc alt. I've already been through the same thing with my 06 chevy.

Archived