Sonic Electronix

I appreciate that feedback. The cone and surround are intact, never repaired a DC before so I don't know if they would be salvageable. The coil is cooked. The DC recone is 210 with 8 awg direct leads and spider upgrade + cone and coil. From your experience does the whole recone need to be done or just recoil?

• 2 years later...

Ok so to answer a few of your questions. First off the difference between standard and extra stiff spiders is the standard is going to have a lower Fs and be a better all around daily sub. The extra stiff however is more geared toward spl and burp applications which is not recommended if you are going to put actual music through it. Secondly the level 5 is going to have a 3.5" voice coil (somebody told you 3" for some reason). I would recommend getting your recone through DC as Droppin Hz sometimes doesn't have the older gen recones in stock. As far as price goes, I run 2 level 6 18" and get my recones for $250 a piece so yours shouldn't be any more than that through DC. I wouldn't be too worried about this sub being an M1 instead of an M2 tho, it's still a great sub and will get extremely loud in a properly built enclosure. Hope this helps.

Archived