Sonic Electronix

So, here's the idea. I'm a mod at another forum (not saying I know better than the mods here), and I got so sick and tired of answering the SAME questions over and over every single week, I created the Official Newb Thread for that forum, and hyperlinked it into my signature and the sig of the forum admin and rest of the mods. Now, whenever one of us greets an aspiring newb, they get a big red link to READ THE NEWB THREAD. It has drastically cut down on stupid questions, and become a great place of reference for stuff everyone new to a forum should know (forum rules, basics mods, part numbers, links to FSM and other resources.)

So, does everyone think a similar thread would be of help here?

If so, start throwing out suggestions, either Newb info or links to good resources at this forum and beyond. Personally, I have a few things I bookmarked that should be required reading for car audio newbs.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Use the search function:

also you can google your question and put "smd" in the search criteria ad it will search the forum too.

Did search, didn't Google. Dammit, nevermind.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

you are a mod on another forum? then why did you put this thread in the general audio section here?

Does this really have anything to do with actual audio or just the forum?

This belongs in the junk section or somewhere else, maybe technical

Also you are suggesting ideas that require noobs to read... goodluck with that, they cant even read all the way through the forum rules

half the time they cant even read/comprehend the answers they get in their threads

I see where this would be helpful big time. But I would check with one of the mode here before making it. But I think your on to something. But as said they want even read the rules. So in away why would they look at noob questions ? I feel you man on this, but good luck brother on the thread.

Archived