Wanting input on laptops

I want to buy a new laptop with at least a 2 ghz processor and 4 gbs of ram, 500 gb hard drive for really cheap. Like below 250. Is this possible or should I buy a "broken/ as is" laptop and fix it up? Which route would be cheaper please help

250 will get you junk. New junk or some one else's junk

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wait for the Wal-Mart special on black friday. I'm sure they'll have a new Celeron powered laptop that fits what you want.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Thanks dude. I will look into that laptop.

Wait for the Wal-Mart special on black friday. I'm sure they'll have a new Celeron powered laptop that fits what you want.

I may do that. Hopefully they will have one on black friday lol

Does it have to be Windows? If you can run Mac, grab a 2010 MacBook. You can get them cheap. Toss in an 8gb memory upgrade off eBay for $30, and you're close. That's what I'm running now. The only thing missing is hard drive size. They're 250gb, but drives are cheap and you can upgrade it later.

If it has to be Windows, look for a used Asus. They seem to hold up the best, yet go cheap. You may have to sacrifice a bit on HD size to get decent spec otherwise, for that price, but it's an easy upgrade later.

Ram is king right now. Run as much as you can afford.

Thanks dude. I will look into that laptop.

I may do that. Hopefully they will have one on black friday lol

Sorry I was joking, I can't in good faith advise a new $250 laptop because it's gonna be the absolute lowest end, and I don't know what you use your computers for but if you're doing more than checking emails then you're not gonna be happy with it. For $50 more you could get a decent used Dell Precision.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-M6400-Intel-Core-2-Duo-T9800-2-93GHz-8GB-500GB-Windows-7-B8096-/181436839042?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item2a3e7a7482

I don't generally have a brand preference, the chips and parts are made in the same places anyways, remember the bad batch of capacitors that a lot of OEM's got back in like 2004-2006ish? (although disclaimer: I did work for Dell back before the economy problems in '08, but not anymore), but so many business have contracts with them that you can find parts for next to nothing if you need like a bezel or keyboard or something replaced down the road. Plus tons of off-lease laptops that go for cheap.

I needed a dedicated diagnostic computer for my cars, so bought a used Precision for $89 shipped because it had no hard drive so sold as "parts only, non-working", but I have spares at the house. Even if I needed to buy a drive, I'd be less than the cost of a new mid-grade laptop, and neck-to-neck with specs. Oh, and no Win8 which I despise on a non-touchscreen laptop, so win-win for me.

Just food for thought.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Archived