XS Power

Question about d3100 and extreme cold temperatures.

Hello all I searched and searched but couldn't seem to find an answer. I am curious about the d3100's ability to handle extreme cold temperatures. After quite a few measurements I think I may be able to squeeze the d3100 under the hood of my nissan titan. This will be my only battery for starting, running and my 1800 rms amp. I believe this will be plenty of battery with my 1/0 big 3. Now on to my question. It drops into the -50's Fahrenheit up here in fairbanks and I was wondering how the xs power batteries handle this sort of extreme temperatures. I haven't seen much with that cold of a temperature. I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on a $400 battery. Thank you in advance.

We'll I know I'm not in Alaska, but we had some of our coldest weather in Indiana last winter. I have a pair of d6500s under the hood of my diesel. We had a week of cold that was below zero temps with a wind chill in the -20s at night. I know a lot of people that have acid batteries freezing. And like I dumb ass I forgot to plug my truck in. However everyday I had zero issues starting the truck.

My D3100s are workhorses who do.well in the winter. Anchorage here, but they still never fail.

Also, I'd call Mechman and order over the phone and ship it to Fife. Then just freight it from Fife to Fairbanks. I've shipped almost 11 D3100s, 6 XP2500s, 2 XP3000s, and four JB black cherries here. Best freaking way to ship heavy batteries ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

We'll I know I'm not in Alaska, but we had some of our coldest weather in Indiana last winter. I have a pair of d6500s under the hood of my diesel. We had a week of cold that was below zero temps with a wind chill in the -20s at night. I know a lot of people that have acid batteries freezing. And like I dumb ass I forgot to plug my truck in. However everyday I had zero issues starting the truck.

That is good to hear. Mine crappy lead acid battery did fine with the temperatures, but I also have a smart charger on it. Now handling the draw from my amp is a different story.

This question has been asked before, and XS chimed in and said they do extremely well in the cold weather environment.

I know similar questions have been asked but all I could find was around -20 to -30 degrees., but -50 is a whole different animal. I just want to make sure. From what I have found I feel pretty comfortable with the performance ability of the xs power batteries but I just want to make sure. Edited by osiris10012

My D3100s are workhorses who do.well in the winter. Anchorage here, but they still never fail.

Also, I'd call Mechman and order over the phone and ship it to Fife. Then just freight it from Fife to Fairbanks. I've shipped almost 11 D3100s, 6 XP2500s, 2 XP3000s, and four JB black cherries here. Best freaking way to ship heavy batteries ;)

Thanks for the info! I will definitely have to look into that. I was very happy when I found the d3100 on amazon. I really miss the shipping costs of the lower 48. Lol. I am feeling better and better about my decision to go with the d3100.

Spent a lot if time in willow same weather pattern as Fairbanks basically. Just about everyone out there run OEM batts son of the I know where running the cheap WalMart batts. Most of them had no issue with it until they get a year or 2 use out if them. By then they have been abused and past warranty.

I'm sure a agm battery will hold up better to that weather specially a xs power.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah, I had one in the bed of my truck all winter and open to the elements. It was a trooper for sure

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?