Sonic Electronix

I am planning on replacing my currently broken stereo with a tablet. I was thinking of using this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EZV3T8/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i01

and then running an a multi channel amp off of it to run the rest of the speakers.

Question is how good is the DAC in the EQ and would it connect just like a normal usb dac would.

Also, what are some good cheaper multi channel amps. I was wanting to stay fairly cheap I don't need tons of power for the speakers loud and clear with full range is good.

I was thinking the RF R300x4 as well as this small clarion amp that seems to work with the stock wiring harnesses:

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-Electronics-XC1410-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00B43LKV0/ref=zg_tr_10980761_5

Would these be alright? Is their something cheaper I can use? Would I be able to use a 2 channel amp wired to my 4 speakers?

Sorry for a lot of questions, but this is my first build. I plan to upgrade eventually with a subwoofer, but for now I just want the headunit and speaker amplifiers figured out.

Starting off, I have never used that EQ before, but i would guess it's fine since it has mostly 5-star reviews. And you asked

Would it connect like a normal USB DAC?

if you mean RCA inputs, then yes. But I doubt it will have a USB. Secondly, Android doesn't work like iPads do. iPads have connectors in their harness that are specifically for line-level audio. Android is all digital. There is no line-level audio coming out of the USB boot. In which case, you will have to use the 1/8" jack on the tablet to connect it to your EQ. And that probably requires a 1/8" to RCA conversion cable, which are cheap. However that's something to think about.

(I know you didn't mention anything about an ipad, just used it as an example.)

And that clarion amp.Eh.

I really don't know on that one. If you want to use it, go ahead, but I just don' have a good feeling about it. If you want to spend a few extra bucks, just get this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF6HYAW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=WFL2HWFJ49HB&coliid=IIVBKSL0786HG&psc=1

It's more powerful and you get more value out of the deal. This is a bit overkill for your setup, but it's always better to overpower than underpower. That way you can upgrade in the future.

It does not have any wiring harnesses so you will have to do all the wiring yourself. But it's easy, trust me. But if you still want to use that clarion because its compact, and has all the connectors, so be it. Just a suggestion.

If you want a cheaper multi-channel, do some searching on amazon, I know Pioneer has a few for 80 bucks.

And your last question, Will you be able to run 4 speakers off a 2 channel amp. Yes. The only difference is you wont be able to control front-rear balance. Only Left-Right. Which is fine since the tablet will output stereo anyways. Just make sure your amp is rated for the load you're giving it. 2 speakers in parallel at 8 Ohms a piece will result in a total of 4-Ohms. I think you will be ok since most speakers are at 8 Ohms.

Louder is BETTER

Archived