Laptop present for girlfriend

for what you're going to be using it for, I'd go with a Chromebook. it'll do all that you are wanting plus the battery life is really good b/c it doesn't have any real systems to operate to kill battery life. they are right up your alley on price plus the Chrome OS is pretty much like any Android OS as in it being open source.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I've looked at chrome book but I need windows or mac for word and powerpoint. That is a must have for her. Otherwise id have the chrome book already.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I've looked at chrome book but I need windows or mac for word and powerpoint. That is a must have for her. Otherwise id have the chrome book already.

Acer has the brand new revision of a chromebook coming out in ~about 2weeks..... 13.3" screen, 16GB SSD, 2gb ram, 13hr batt life for 279$ you said above you have to have windows, well i call BS. If you knew of a program called OPEN OFFICE you can have an app inside the chrome OS that will work AND BE 100% COMPATIBLE with word/excel/etc...... and you can hardly tell the difference and its free obviously. this new chrombook is featuring a first of its kind CPU/GPU from nvidia called the K1. Huge graphics ability from it and very speedy. My vote is this hands down http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Chromebook-CB5-311-T7NN-13-3-inch-NVIDIA/dp/B00MHX6V88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407812628&sr=8-1&keywords=Chromebook+13+CB5-311-T7NN

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Acer has the brand new revision of a chromebook coming out in ~about 2weeks..... 13.3" screen, 16GB SSD, 2gb ram, 13hr batt life for 279$ you said above you have to have windows, well i call BS. If you knew of a program called OPEN OFFICE you can have an app inside the chrome OS that will work AND BE 100% COMPATIBLE with word/excel/etc...... and you can hardly tell the difference and its free obviously. this new chrombook is featuring a first of its kind CPU/GPU from nvidia called the K1. Huge graphics ability from it and very speedy. My vote is this hands down http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Chromebook-CB5-311-T7NN-13-3-inch-NVIDIA/dp/B00MHX6V88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407812628&sr=8-1&keywords=Chromebook+13+CB5-311-T7NN

fuggin this. this a million. totally forgot this laptop existed.

I have had Dell's, Toshiba's, Emachines, etc. But the best I have found for me is HP. The Dell appeared to become sluggish rather quick. The Emachines shockingly was fast throughout the time I had it, but it was hard to get support or spare parts for it. The HP's I have owned, one older one (forget model) and my current Pavillion 15 (similar to your last option). The one I have now is fast, hasn't appeared to slow down, large clear screen, large HDD, etc.

I would definitely recommend your last on the list, the HP 15.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

I've had open office and my god does it blow. But has it gotten better in the last year or so? At school they are required to use word so if I'm gonna get another program it has to be exact. I'll look at that one and see what I think.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

I have had Dell's, Toshiba's, Emachines, etc. But the best I have found for me is HP. The Dell appeared to become sluggish rather quick. The Emachines shockingly was fast throughout the time I had it, but it was hard to get support or spare parts for it. The HP's I have owned, one older one (forget model) and my current Pavillion 15 (similar to your last option). The one I have now is fast, hasn't appeared to slow down, large clear screen, large HDD, etc.

I would definitely recommend your last on the list, the HP 15.

the first thing you do when you get a laptop is either A) reinstall windows to get rid of all the damn bloatware, or B ) uninstall all the damn bloatware. A is the fastest option.

what you know about that HP bloatware? HP isn't the only one guilty of this, toshiba is terrible with it but dell isn't TOO bad...

edCjJDr.png

Only reason I don't want online is I need it by tuesday.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

I second getting a Chromebook or a nice tablet. I use Google Drive for all my papers and presentations. Works perfect.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived