Yeah I like it so far. Wish I had time to do more work on it. I travel a lot for work so nothing has been done on it for a couple months now. When I get home I hope to get sub box completed and amp rack done.

I looked into upgrading my alternator and that is out. I contacted the guy from Singer alternators and he said at this time he can not help with upgrading our alternators in our Darts. He said to keep in contact with him to see if any new technology comes out to allow him to make us alternators. I'm really worried about pushing the electrical system without an upgrade. But we will see after I get everything installed. Should be around 1400 watts when complete.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer
  • Raspberry Pi - Running OSMC using optical out to 3Sixty.3
  • Wiring - Sky High Car Audio

Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190450-2013-dodge-dart-american-bass-install/

as much as I love my singer alt, Have u contacted dc or mechman on your alt.

How do those ab speakers sound have only heard there subs.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I contacted Mechman this morning, waiting on a reply. I just assumed that if one company couldn't make one none of them could. We will see. I really hope someone can do an alternator for this car.

The AB speakers have not been tested as of yet. The install has been on delay for the last couple months due to work. So I will get some free time here in a couple weeks where I think I will be able to finish this project up for now.

Thanks for lookin

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190450-2013-dodge-dart-american-bass-install/

• 2 months later...

Finally got some time to work on my install. Been quite a few months. Been extremely busy with work, family then the holidays roll around. So Here are some updated pics. Just got equipment mounted and wires run on the amp rack.

Top side of Amp Rack

IMG_0492.JPG

3sxity.3

IMG_0494.JPG

American Bass SQ375 Power Connections

IMG_0494.JPG

American Bass 1880 1D Power Connections

IMG_0496.JPG

American Bass SQ500 Power Connections

IMG_0495.JPG

All 3 American Bass RCA Connections

IMG_0499.JPG

Ground and Power Distribution

IMG_0493.JPG

Back side of Amp Rack

IMG_0490.JPG

That is it for right now. Hope to get sub put in this week and get this thing fired up by next weekend.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Finally got some time to work on my install. Been quite a few months. Been extremely busy with work, family then the holidays roll around. So Here are some updated pics. Just got equipment mounted and wires run on the amp rack.

Top side of Amp Rack

IMG_0492.JPG

3sxity.3

IMG_0494.JPG

American Bass SQ375 Power Connections

IMG_0497.JPG

American Bass 1880 1D Power Connections

IMG_0496.JPG

American Bass SQ500 Power Connections

IMG_0495.JPG

All 3 American Bass RCA Connections

IMG_0499.JPG

Ground and Power Distribution

IMG_0493.JPG

Back side of Amp Rack

IMG_0490.JPG

That is it for right now. Hope to get sub put in this week and get this thing fired up by next weekend.

Clean wire management right thurrr.....

Very clean man, nice to see you getting some more stuff done. tuned in

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 4 weeks later...

Well made some more progress. Decided I didn't like how my trunk rattled so I did some sound deadening.

Prior to deadening

IMG_0547.JPG

With Deading

IMG_0549.JPG

Re-Assembled

IMG_0550.JPG

So I also loved the amp rack we built but did not thing far enough ahead to figure out how I was going to mount it. So went back to the drawing board and came up with a nice fitted rack. Assembly is still in progress. But here is a pic of the progress so far:

IMG_0561.JPG

Hope to finish this up tomorrow and get this installed.

Here are some pics of the sub box: Designed by RAM Designs tuned to 32 hz. Built by a good friend of mine:

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

Picture of the Dayton speaker terminals, Love them! I know its a shitty pic and I will get a better one tomorrow, didn't realize it looked like this.

IMG_0528.JPG

Internal brace and internal pic of the Dayton Terminals

IMG_0529.JPG

That's all for now. I will post more when I get more progress done.

Thanks

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Yeah that was my friends idea. We matched the paint to the color of the car (As close as you can from a color swatch from the dealer). But it came out really nice. He did an excellent job on the build and paint job! Only thing I am regretting is the flat black. It shows every damn finger print.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Archived