Anyone On Here With A Lifted Ford Explorer?

I just traded my clapped out 01 Dodge Neon that I only had $500 in for a fully loaded 1998 Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0 4X4 Ford Explorer.. I want to lift it and put 36x12.5's on it and I was wondering if a 3-4 lift would be enough? Also if you have any Ford Explorer I want to see you system setup!! Any Explorer owners in here or what?? Thanks

23002.jpg

i have a X 2000 2 door sport..

i lowered my front max just by adjusting the bolts..

it looks badass now.. i'll try to post some pics if i have time.

• 2 weeks later...
I just traded my clapped out 01 Dodge Neon that I only had $500 in for a fully loaded 1998 Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0 4X4 Ford Explorer.. I want to lift it and put 36x12.5's on it and I was wondering if a 3-4 lift would be enough? Also if you have any Ford Explorer I want to see you system setup!! Any Explorer owners in here or what?? Thanks
you would need !least a 8" lift to smash on some 36's... do a straight axel swap FTW you will be way happy in long run.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

you would need !least a 8" lift to smash on some 36's... do a straight axel swap FTW you will be way happy in long run.

why do people want to put such big tires on their trucks? unless they are mud runners

too many problems your gonna need new gears just to run those

why not just lift it like 3 or 4 inches and throw on some 33s?

why do people want to put such big tires on their trucks? unless they are mud runners

thats some good advice right there... ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

I agree with that but i will say that alot of farmers put bigger tires on there trucks for other reasons like going thru muddy fields in july to bring diesel to tractors i second that idea of putting on like a 3 or 4 inch lift and some aggressive 33s

I agree with that but i will say that alot of farmers put bigger tires on there trucks for other reasons like going thru muddy fields in july to bring diesel to tractors i second that idea of putting on like a 3 or 4 inch lift and some aggressive 33s
i mean especialy if its a dailly driver.... thats some good ass advice, but you will still want some gears FTW!!!

• 2 months later...

hope its not a daily driver ..i would hate to see the mpg on that...with the gas prices

1999 Chevy Blazer 4 dr.

L5 Kicker 15"

Kicker 750.1