you say you have spark and it cranks, i would check the timing belt. If you cant get ot it easy, pull the oil fill cap have someone crank it and watch the cam. if it doesnt turn its the belt.

if it cranks faster than normal it is most likely the belt.

you say you have spark and it cranks, i would check the timing belt. If you cant get ot it easy, pull the oil fill cap have someone crank it and watch the cam. if it doesnt turn its the belt.if it cranks faster than normal it is most likely the belt.

The 4.3 has a timing chain and it's not really a part that fails commonly on these trucks. I've seen them with 300k on the stock timing chain.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I really hope this isn't the problem..... But does the security light flash on the dash when you are turning it over? My dad has 2000 blazer, and he has had a nightmare with the pass lock security system, where his truck would just turn over and turn over and not start until the battery died. Mind you at times the truck would just start, and be fine for months, then out of the blue it just won't start. We replaced almost every part of the fuel system trying to fix the problem, and still no luck, then we was told to put in a new ignition. And we kept having the same problem. Still to this day we have the problem..

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

I really hope this isn't the problem..... But does the security light flash on the dash when you are turning it over? My dad has 2000 blazer, and he has had a nightmare with the pass lock security system, where his truck would just turn over and turn over and not start until the battery died. Mind you at times the truck would just start, and be fine for months, then out of the blue it just won't start. We replaced almost every part of the fuel system trying to fix the problem, and still no luck, then we was told to put in a new ignition. And we kept having the same problem. Still to this day we have the problem..

if thats true, then i think the fix is just putting the key in the on position for like 10 minutes right?

I'm not sure. We have tried everything, and even that does not work. It's like the blazer is possessed. Lol

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

nothing comes on no check engine light . it works tho and no flashing anti theft light its satans blazer lol its my last payment go figure if its the anti lock they say a lock smith can do that i read some were just wont start yes i tried going to get fuel pressure tested sunday and i will try the cam watching its just a stumper ran fine driving it parked it next no start rolls over has spark thank to all trying to help

tryed all this plugs fine wires are fine .caps fine. rotor turns sparks fine . fuel perssure up . fuel pump has power .its not the antitheft it rolls over .tryed to pour gas in the throttle body to start still no start changed fuel filter new .left the battery unhooked neg over night hmm like i said run fine drove it home next day it would not start it not sure rolls over just would not start not sure about the fuel reg tho also tryed everthing else what pll had said on this fourm to do whats next hmm stumper even for a person i know works on cars where i live

It will still run with a bad pressure regulator it just dumps fuel inside the intake plenum causing it to run rich and idle rough you would also have evidence of this on the plugs usually the rear plug on the driver side. What was your fuel pressure reading? Did you replace the fuel filter? Have you recently got gas ? Checked for vacuum leaks?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived