My dads truck will turn over, but not start.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

I've been trying to help but you've been ignoring my questions. If it was the spirlder lines or the regulator you would have evidence of it on the spark plugs. Have you pulled them all? If you pulled them all did you check for spark? If so what did the spark look like once again what was your actual fuel pressure? Before you drop the $400 on the new spider and if you aren't mechanically inclined it could easily turn into an all day job to do it try to make sure that's what it is first not just guess. if I was you I would upgrade to the new mpfi style that has actual injectors if you go that route. Do you know anyone with an inspection camera you can feed it through the throttle body and check for signs of line and regulator leakage that way as well.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've been trying to help but you've been ignoring my questions. If it was the spirlder lines or the regulator you would have evidence of it on the spark plugs. Have you pulled them all? If you pulled them all did you check for spark? If so what did the spark look like once again what was your actual fuel pressure? Before you drop the $400 on the new spider and if you aren't mechanically inclined it could easily turn into an all day job to do it try to make sure that's what it is first not just guess. if I was you I would upgrade to the new mpfi style that has actual injectors if you go that route. Do you know anyone with an inspection camera you can feed it through the throttle body and check for signs of line and regulator leakage that way as well.

apparently he doesnt want your advice, which is sad seeing as how you are trying to send him down the proper troubleshooting path. oh well. i was young once and thought that throwing parts at shit was "fixing" it. he will learn tho. honestly to me it dows sound like the timing has come apart in some way. starting fluid will still ignite from compression, so when he said it didnt do anything, that sounds to me like the cam is no longer turning. just my .02

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived