CE Auto Electric Supply

i have a t1000-1bdcp in a 2013 dodge charger ive had for exactly 1 year. the battery is in the trunk and my installer said in my case that it was best to ground the amp to the battery and so thats what he did. all of my wiring is RF 4 gauge ofc. im running a single t1 10 @ 2ohms with the gain right at 3. be advised im not pushing the sub hard at all. the amp is mounted to the back of the seat and it has plenty of room to breathe. ive had the system in for 3 days now i cant help but notice my amp gets super hot. the plastic case is very warm but the heatsink is literally hot enough to fry an egg on. ive been researching the whole "battery vs chassis" debate and i havent gotten anywhere close to a definitive answer as to which is better. 1 thing i did notice is that the ground wire from the negative battery terminal to the chassis is no bigger than 8 gauge(maybe 10). could the diff in wire gauge be the culprit? sorry the post is so long but i wanted give as much info as possible.

2013 Dodge Charger SXT Sport Package

1 DC Audio Level 3 10 / 1 RF T1000-1bdcp / RF 4 Gauge Wiring / Big 3 Upgrade

I am not familiar with how hot that generation of RF amp gets. But sounds like you need to do the BIG 3.

yeah your ground wire should at least be the same size as your power wire....and check how your sub is wired also unless you know for sure that it is wired at 2ohms...

I bet your installer didn't use the proper tools to tune your amp and it has not a damn thing to do with your grounds.

Edit: Also you posted in the wrong section fyi

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/12-electrical-battery-alternators-wiring/

That's where you should have posted your topic. You posted in "CE auto electric supply", which would be great if you were posting something to do with one of their products.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/12-electrical-battery-alternators-wiring/

That's where you should have posted your topic. You posted in "CE auto electric supply", which would be great if you were posting something to do with one of their products.

Or in the equipment section under amplifiers...or in the rockford fosgate section

For sure upgrade that ground cable. That's one reason the amp is getting so hot.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.