Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I'm currently building my system for my 2008 BMW 328i. I want to build around a thousand watt system. I just ordered a JBL 1000 watt mono block. I know it will do more as Steve showed the 500 on YouTube putting around 750, so I'm assuming mine will do more than rated as well. I was thinking of either getting 2 JBL GTO 12's (I kinda like the all JBL thing) or going with a 12" PSI re-coned RE Audi SE-X that should hold 1000 watts all day. So anyway is it better to have 2 decent subs or one good sub.??? Oh and my box is going to be Sealed. My BMW trunk is pretty darned sealed up so I'm trying to get as loud as I can with either the 2 decent subs or 1 good one.

---The GTO 12's are 350 RMS each and from previous experience with these subs, they can def. hold more than that and sound good

---The RE Se-x is a blown sub of mine that I was thinking of re-coning from PSI. After re-cone it should hold 800 to 1000 i was thinking. It held power very well until I turned gain up too much and clipped the **** out of it.

I hope all this info helps.

Thanks guys!

btw I was looking at the JBL GTI 12 but it is too deep for the custom box I'm getting for my trunk

Archived