Sonic Electronix

So, here is my situation. I was rewiring my amp to run some leds off the subwoffer output, but being a dumb ass, i wired the left and right channels of my 2 channel sub amp up to the front and hooked them together parallel to one side of a switch. Shortly after my amp stopped working. It gets power, I can tell because the vanity lighting is on, but the amp inst putting out anything to the subs. Plus the power indicator light wont come on. Does anyone know what might have happened before i rip the amp out and apart looking for problems? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a resistance overload . but have you checked the output of the amp ? it could be you knocked a wire lose to the subs .

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

Fuses are good, and the amp lights up but the power indicator led doesn't light up. There are vanity lights that light up and they are the only thing lighting up. I have a

Lanzar MAXP2960 2 Channel Amplifier. I'm pretty sure at this point i screwed it up on the inside so ill have to check it out when i have time to see if i can save it.

Fuses are good, and the amp lights up but the power indicator led doesn't light up. There are vanity lights that light up and they are the only thing lighting up. I have a

Lanzar MAXP2960 2 Channel Amplifier. I'm pretty sure at this point i screwed it up on the inside so ill have to check it out when i have time to see if i can save it.

There are no user serviceable parts in an amplifier and there's dozens of things that could be wrong that would not be visible to the naked eye. I can't even make sense of your first post, but I'd wager that the amp is broken.

Next time, buy a better quality amp, fuse it properly, and if you're not sure what you're doing, pay a professional to do your install.

Archived