FiCA Focus (first fiberglass build)

I'm just ducking with you man. You were the one who brought their differences to my attention.

Edit: dam autocorrect

lol yea ik you are bro

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool box, which for once gave me an idea on how I should do it next time - the space between the rear seat and the woofer is kinda 'dead' anyways due to its shape. Therefore it could be pretty neat to make a wood template to follow the contour of the rear seat to bring the vfleece to - would probably make for a less excessive curvy look, and hopefully integrate better ithe whole flow of lines in the trunk

cheers!

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

I just did mine purely with fiberglass and tape... it's a lot easier than trying to cut and form wood to match the contour... I'm really pleased with how this turned out though :) and if you don't want the front so curvy you could do part of the front with wood or just make the actual box bigger... mine is so curvy because my sub was a lot deeper than the box was so there ended up being an extra 4 or 5 inches out past the end of my mold and after I covered the fleece in resin it made it heavier so that it curved to reach the lower point

but totally go for it! it took forever cuz I was doing it like 20 mins here 45 mins there when I had the chance... but it was fun and you can get a lot more air space out of a much smaller space because instead of 3/4" of wood I'm only using maybe 1/4" or so of fiberglass

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• 1 month later...

I know I need to clean my car and I need to clean up my wiring but here's everything hooked up at least... I'll get a video once I tune probably

20140930_153738_zpsn9nxrhbh.jpg

20140930_153726_zps3zl06jqr.jpg

My Build Log

What happened to the image post button?

There we go... Did it the hard way lol

My Build Log

• 1 month later...

I know I need to clean my car and I need to clean up my wiring but here's everything hooked up at least... I'll get a video once I tune probably

20140930_153726_zps3zl06jqr.jpg

On your lugs to the battery,,, Are they crimped even? It looks like just stranded wires laying inside the lug and its not even crimped? then i see tape wrapped around the other 2. just was curious

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

im guessing he filled that bitch with solder and shoved the wire in there like he did on prom night

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Archived