Do I need a new headunit?

So I've had my kenwood headunit for about 2 years now so it's not to old. I recently upgraded my system to double what I use to have. I was talking to the guys at my local audio shop and they said I should put a nicer headunit it because the difference would be like "night and day". So would getting a new headunit actually be worth it and that noticeable? Thanks for the help

Not unless you enjoy the features better. Obviously bluetooth or colors or functions might be nicer and thats up to you.

But as far as the sound goes, not really unless its like an early 90s deck or something and even then it likely wouldnt sound night and day.

As long as it is able to do what you need it to do. Imo most of sound influence comes from the amp, and obviously the speakers them selves and enclosure etc

But I have heard improvements from one amp to another based on how i think it sounds. Not so much on head units tho.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

screw the shop thinkings...they tell you just so you can buy a new HU from THEIR shop...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

hold up, how can you give him info on his deck when you don't even know what model he has and what model the shop is suggesting he upgrade too. if your deck only has one set of rca preouts I would suggest you upgrade to one that has 3 sets. what model kenwood is it?

if you send a crappy signal to an amp, it will amplify that crappy signal..... imo deck plays a major roll

Archived