Sundown Audio

My review of the Soundstream TA1.3000D

pioneerforlife

First let me start by saying that I do not sell these amps, and I am not in any way paid to do this. This is just my personal opinion on the amp.

Here is a couple pics of the amp

WP_20131117_001_zps0e99fd9c.jpg

WP_20131117_003_zpsfcfdccd0.jpg

So here we go. I will talk about my experiences with them first and then go through pros, and cons.

I have had lots of experience with these amps. my buddy ran one in his car for a year and I am currently running 2.

My buddy ran his at .5 with 2 35ah batts, a d3400 under the hood, and stock alt. He could play it 24/7 with no problems.

never dropped below 12.8, and the amp never had problems. however it did get pretty warm with no fans or anything on it

but it never got hot. At one point in time, a fuse blew in his main run and he didn't find out right way and accidentally

played it with no power coming from up front. amp still played fine (voltage dropping very low). he ended up selling it (to me) and getting a bigger soundstream amp. I still have the amp and its going strong.

In my car, I have two of them. one new one, and my buddies old one. I currently have them running strapped at .5, that's .25 ohm a piece....daily. As far as electrical, I have a stock alt, big 3, stock batt under the hood, a group 31 In back, and a small 35ah batt in the rear as well. so I guess you could say I have insufficient electrical. The lowest I have ever dropped to is 11.6V, ya ya, I know. but this is partially on purpose. I want to see how much I can put these amps through. so you might ask, how does .25 daily treat me. well, I have no problems with it while driving. if I am sitting demoing for a long period of time, they will get hot and protect. but some fans will help with that along with better electrical. I have been running them at .25 for about a month and they are going strong. now one thing to note, I do get some slight feedback playing through the subs because I have them mounted to the back of my seats. for some reason, the cases don't like to be grounded out. they will still play fine, but there is some feedback. besides that, I have no problems.

Now lets talk price. Brand new, you can get them for as low as $300, new. They retail for a lot more. some places have overstock and are trying to get rid of them. but from Soundstream, they are a bit over $400.

What about power? Do they do rated? well, I cant say yes or no for sure. I don't have an amp dyno or anything like that, but I will share my experience. So in my opinion, they do rated. keep in mind they are rated at 3K at .5, not 1. They make their power when wired low. The internals are similar to lots of other amps that are rated in that general area of power. when it comes to parts, I am honestly not positive on whether they are quality or not. but I can say I have put them through hell, ran them at low voltage, wired them low, and never had a problem (with the exception of the thermal protection circuit doing its job). I can also say that I swapped my xxx which will do 3k at 1 (I had it at .5) with a tarantula 3K and there was no noticeable difference in sound. so I cannot say for sure, but I believe with good electrical, they will do rated.

So when it comes down to it, here is a list of pros, and cons

Pros Cons

Affordable Get hot when ran below .5 (with bad electrical)

can be wired low and ran low cases don't like to be grounded (could be an rca issue I have)

put out power

fairly efficient

built strong

strapable

reliable

I will update this if anything changes but when it comes down to it, I love these amps. feel free to ask questions about

anything you want here. like I said this is just for fun. Not trying to start anything.

anyways, thanks for looking.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant stand the tarantula.. Would be a nice looking amp but that makes it cheap

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

It would be really helpful to see what kind of power it's making. Everything you mentioned is great, but if you are only getting 100 watts out of it then it just doesn't matter. Get that thing on a dyno and see what it's doing!!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I tried getting him to clamp it lol thatd get us in the ballpark

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Soon.....actually I would be willing too sunday. I wanted to get that 8 gauge in there first.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

nice write up, kind of interested in these now seeing as they're stable at those low levels (I know impedance rise and blah blah blah) but for the price range they seem like a lot of fun to play around with

Thanks. I personally love them. I also run the tarantula amps for mids/highs and those are great as well.

It would be really helpful to see what kind of power it's making. Everything you mentioned is great, but if you are only getting 100 watts out of it then it just doesn't matter. Get that thing on a dyno and see what it's doing!!

I'm goanna clamp it this weekend probably and maybe in the future get it on a dyno. I am pretty confident in them. This amp has more components in it than the aq/sq 2200. Now the quality of those components is still unknown (to me). we shall see though.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Soon.....actually I would be willing too sunday. I wanted to get that 8 gauge in there first.

We will clamp my american bass too lol i got the wires and terminals, tomorrow im getting some aluminum for the super caps.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Give me one and I'll test it :]

I'm sure i'll roll across one eventually.

Well I plan on buying a couple more soon so when/if I do I might just do that.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Archived