2012 Impala, want to add alarm

I have a 2012 Impala with factory keyless entry and remote start. I would like to add an alarm and preferably keep using the OEM remotes, though I might also consider an aftermarket remote. The scenario I do not want is having to carry 2 remotes. I've done some research and it seems the Xpresskit DB2ALL plus a viper or python alarm connected D2D would be 1 option for what I want, but It gets confusing as to which alarm I will need in addition to the DBALL2. I want something with the ability to add sensors like glass breakage, shock, maybe perimeter. 2 way isn't a big priority since I want to keep using the OEM remotes. I'm in no way set on using the Viper/Python alarms either, that's just what my research has turned up so far. An alarm with canbus connectivity without a module would be great but I can't seem to find anything like that. I've ran across some alarms which interface to oem keyless by connecting to the door lock actuators for the arm and disarm, but I seriously doubt those will be happy when I remote start the car. The oem sequence for a remote start is to press the lock button then hold the start button so disarming that type of alarm then initiating the remote start isn't going to be possible. Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

as far as i remember, the db-all syncs to your factory remote. and press the locks 3 times and it will remote start your vehicle through the aftermarket alarm. but its pointless trying to add all the security you would want, but do not want a lcd 2 way to know if your car is going off. better off keeping it factory if you still want to keep the factory remote than spending money on security and wont be able to know if someone is breaking into your vehicle while you are buildings away not knowing if your alarm is triggered.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

• 3 months later...

Archived