Is this an aftermarket exhaust? Any other mods? what octane of fuel do you run. Some amount of color change is normal but it can also be from a lean fuel mixture causing the bike to run hotter than normal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see my self ever riding with flip-flops...

When I am moving my leg is fine, it's only when I am stopped. I am seriously considering exhaust wrap, where can I get some? Is the stuff at auto zone fine?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Is this an aftermarket exhaust? Any other mods? what octane of fuel do you run. Some amount of color change is normal but it can also be from a lean fuel mixture causing the bike to run hotter than normal.

what octane fuel do you have in the US?

over here is either 95/98 or 100 octane..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

na stock as far as i know. unless the previous owner changed it, but it looks exactly like stock.

I run the 93 octane in it. Or whatever happens to be the highest at whatever station i stop.

and no mods, again as far as I know.

Its a Vstar 650, if that makes a difference.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it can also be caused by a rich mixture as well but usually that occurs further down the exhaust.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

na stock as far as i know. unless the previous owner changed it, but it looks exactly like stock.

I run the 93 octane in it. Or whatever happens to be the highest at whatever station i stop.

and no mods, again as far as I know.

Its a Vstar 650, if that makes a difference.

Do you know if anything else was done to the bike? An aftermarket exhaust requires a carb jet change or a new fuel map if fuel injected.

I don't think anything was done. I bought it with about 1300 miles on it. It was a lady who thought she would ride it but in 4 years put 1300 miles on it. As far as I know it is totally stock.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

just heat, its normal.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I don't think anything was done. I bought it with about 1300 miles on it. It was a lady who thought she would ride it but in 4 years put 1300 miles on it. As far as I know it is totally stock.

I would take to a knowledgeable shop in your area and get your carbs rejetted you will probably notice a performance gain from doing so as well. Or just have them do it at your next scheduled maintainence. You could also just do nothing if it seems to run fine you could just leave it alone but that's not what I would do personally. Or if you are mechanically inclined you could probably find a write up on the vstar forum along with jet recommendations.

It has been like that since I bought it. I just finally decided to ask someone other than the place I bought it from about it. I took it in and had everything adjusted and fluid levels changed and so on. It is due for it's next maintenance in about 600 miles. I will have them make sure then. I have noticed no performance losses at all the whole time though. it still starts just fine (except on really cold days, gotta use the choke a bit then) and power hasn't dropped off any.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived