spkr baffles in trunk car

duece9s

tried searching for similar posts with no aval. anyway is there any need to isolate the rear speakers in the decklid of a trunk car from the pressure created by a sub? foam baffles dont seem like they would do much..

06 saturn ion

1 12" L7 ported box http://www.imagebam.com/image/d02e9a536031108

sony 9001GTR ( 10+ years strong for all you haters)

speakers- Kicker 40CSS654(front)/ 40CS654 (rear)

Mid Amp: Hifonics Brx 640.4 @ 4 ohm

4 gauge

Stock batt + XS power XP950 in the back

There really is no need for speakers in the back at all. Build a good front stage and open up those rear speaker holes to let the bass in when your seats are up.

i usually drive around with my back seats down, unless my mountain bike is in the back then both have to be up..

06 saturn ion

1 12" L7 ported box http://www.imagebam.com/image/d02e9a536031108

sony 9001GTR ( 10+ years strong for all you haters)

speakers- Kicker 40CSS654(front)/ 40CS654 (rear)

Mid Amp: Hifonics Brx 640.4 @ 4 ohm

4 gauge

Stock batt + XS power XP950 in the back

unless your head is on backwards there is no-need for rear speakers.... (unless you care about sounds for your passengers )

Alot of world champion vehicles have rear drivers installed. So yes, depending on application ... There is a need for rears.

So for the op, if you need to keep your rear drivers ... Have them installed so where sub bass will not mess them up in any way.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Everyone is entitled to there own preferences.The question is about baffles and pressure. Any-hoo..

My question to Side-Show: Are you currently using baffles now? I'm asking because you stated that they

don't seem to do much. How are your sub(s) positioned in your trunk(up,front, back) and how much

power are you running to your subs?

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Archived