Sonic Electronix

just another rant and maybe some help needed

So while the parts come in for my new build and im searching for the right speakers, i thought id post here in search of some help.

I am an avid basshead who enjoys big, power hungry subs that leave you light-headed after a demo, but i also enjoy some good, clear sounding speakers. I am a faithful RF fan who has installed quite a few of their speakers in friends and families rides. all of them have drove off being very happy with their new sound systems, but in all of the RF themed systems ive heard (and ive heard quite a few including many T4 powered component systems), ive never heard as clear and detailed of a system as i heard in a Harman (JBL and Infinity) showcase vehicle here in NJ. as big of a fan as i am of RF, the fantastic Harman speakers and their great price-points may have blown RF out of the water.

Anyway, I am trying to decide how to approach this dual-wielding system (spl and sq) without absolutely breaking the bank. i have heard SoundQubed has this down pretty well (if anybody has any other suggestions, ill take em!) so i think ill be purchasing 2 of their 12's.

I feel like i am betraying all the RF fans out there and the strong community built around this great company, but i think RF may have let all the fandom get to their heads... i mean, $1.2k for 2 mids and 2 tweeters (T5 component)?! even if they are very good, isnt this killin it by quite a margin? true, i havent heard the T5 system yet and only the T4, but Infinity's $220 high-end component system sounds just as magically delicious at a 4th of the price as the T4.

that got really off-topic. what i really need is help deciding what kind of a setup is best to cater to both the spl and sq sides of my hearing. ive got the 2 subs in a custom ported box down, but now, 2, 4, 6 speakers in the door? tweeters in the door? how many tweeters do you think it'll need? focus on "rear stage" as much as front stage?

also, all of this is goin in an extended cab ford ranger.

thanks!

oh and for those who wanted to post up this pic but are too lazy to find, download, save, and upload the jpeg, ive done all the work for you:

8d71ad0b7cb19fc5a505568a2e94c16bbc357f89

do you have stock speakers in the doors now? start by upgrading those then adding an amp to power them if you want more output.

i wouldnt go building a big front stage yet.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

i just want to say that location and air space of the comps can do wonders! I'm guessing the build you heard were glassed.. and had deadner.

you can buy $1,200 focal comps but Iif you shovethem in stock location and have no deadner off hu power well then they'll just sound like any other $1"" speaker set.

just like subs the location,deadner,power, enclosure.

Step one get deadner (at least 75% coverage) 2)Try to get the mid woofer a Lil more space to do what it does.

3) Try and get the tweets off the door and into your A pillar. have it so it bounces off you're windshield. I've had lots.of luck doing this. it really takes some of the harshness away from the tweet while softening the sound but adding a few dbs.

I'm sure some will testify to This.

comps are just like subs, its not just price,brand and power. it's how you use what you have

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i just want to say that location and air space of the comps can do wonders! I'm guessing the build you heard were glassed.. and had deadner.

you can buy $1,200 focal comps but Iif you shovethem in stock location and have no deadner off hu power well then they'll just sound like any other $1"" speaker set.

just like subs the location,deadner,power, enclosure.

Step one get deadner (at least 75% coverage) 2)Try to get the mid woofer a Lil more space to do what it does.

3) Try and get the tweets off the door and into your A pillar. have it so it bounces off you're windshield. I've had lots.of luck doing this. it really takes some of the harshness away from the tweet while softening the sound but adding a few dbs.

I'm sure some will testify to This.

comps are just like subs, its not just price,brand and power. it's how you use what you have

appreciate the info and help mate. already bought deadener and intend on layin it down within next 2 weeks. the roof, doors and rest of side and rear cab will be completely deadened, but the floor will remain deadenless due to some "structural problems" that i have to keep tabs on.

yeah ive heard things about putting it facin the window on the A pillar but glad someone could confirm that it sounds better. will definately be doin that

do you have stock speakers in the doors now? start by upgrading those then adding an amp to power them if you want more output.

yup, couldnt do without at least decent speakers in the front doors until i upgrade. i refuse to drive anyone else's cars if the speakers arent at least decent 3-ways.

yup, couldnt do without at least decent speakers in the front doors until i upgrade. i refuse to drive anyone else's cars if the speakers arent at least decent 3-ways.

oh. okay i guess you wouldnt drive mine then.

IMG_20140820_120412_zpsw3h2jnbw.jpg

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Just buy whatever sounds good to you. RF and infinity are far far away from true SQ. They will all sound similar if you dont know what you are listening for. To my ears, the t4/t5 set are way more brighter and have more transparent detail and play a women voice better compared to infinity's. If you can't hear this, then Dont waste your money unless your willing to actually experience different speakers over time. That's when you will start to notice the difference. Songs that you regularly play will sound different. Sometimes better sometimes worse. If you're truly into SQ, buy a good set of headphones and compare them to speakers that you like.

There is no rear stage. The stage is in front of you. Sometimes people add rear speakers for "rear fill", but all that does is give rear seat passengers a more direct listening path for the mids and highs, and adds nothing to the front.

Archived