DC Sound Lab

Questions about DC Audio

Alright.Alright. Yes lots of youtube watching and talking with lots of ppl. I am in the DC section because thats what I ended up choosing. Yes DC 5K. And the last question was 4 or XL. So debate settled. And XL it is.

XL. Smart man.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Sorry guys to bump this thread but I just read an interesting thread and didnt want to jack it.On the 5k on DC website it says 1 upgraded alt-1 upgraded batt under hood- 1 batt in back. Now with all wiring being done 1/0 and big 3 would 270 mechman and d3400 under hood and 3400 in the back be enough. Probably end up with 175.4 for mids and highs

Edit: Or go post in Electrical?

Edited by mcfalcon

Still learning but have started gathering.

From CVRs to XLs on 5K : that's a huge gap ! You'll love it, and your car may hate it.

Personnally, I think it is too much :):) A 3.5K on 2 Level 4's would already have been very very loud.

An alternator like that will be a good choice, but I think you need a few Group31 batteries(2, 3 ?) in the back, with your Group 34 under the hood.

Of course you'll have to do the big 3.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

You can never over do electrical. And what they say on the website is the bare minimum. I'd run the biggest possible alternator and 3 group 31 batteries and a group 34 plus 3 runs of 0 gauge.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Dropping a grand on an amp. You didn't expect to have to have a good electrical?

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Sorry Im new to the whole extra batts and stuff. Never had this many watts so Im still learning. Thought what was on the website was enough. But yall have thankfully taught me different.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Sorry Im new to the whole extra batts and stuff. Never had this many watts so Im still learning. Thought what was on the website was enough. But yall have thankfully taught me different.

This forum is full of knowledge and helpful people. They have taught me a lot already too