Nice Sounding/Loud tweeters and 6x9s

Jon Tyler

hi guys :hi: im looking for some high quality, loud, 6x9s and tweeters for my car. Im throwing a 1200 watts of face blasting bass in the back and i need to be able to hear my music clearly while bumping. Any suggestions? the budget is around $100-$150 for tweets, and the $100-$150 for the 6x9s

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6x9's aren't meant for sound quality.

if you want loud, get pro audio mids and tweets.

1200w? i was able to hear song lyrics clearly with like 160w on the mids and highs with 1200w on the substage.

guy i know has a single selenium tweet and 6.5 in each door and you can hear the music with him demoing 157's.

here are some Infinity Primus 6 x 9's i have a alpine pushing mine and they sound great

Infinity - Primus 6" x 9" 3-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair)

here is the link if you want to read the reviews im sure you can shop around for better prices...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/infinity-primus-6-x-9-3-way-car-speakers-with-polypropylene-cones-pair/7979429.p?id=1218863183338&skuId=7979429&st=infinity-primus-car-speakers-109371&cp=1&lp=2

For reference i wasnt asking for opinions on how much bass is face blasting, because 1200 is still a great amount if done well. But for the advice on some good tweets and going with 6.5s instead thanks :)

Jon Funda

here are some Infinity Primus 6 x 9's i have a alpine pushing mine and they sound great

Infinity - Primus 6" x 9" 3-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair)

here is the link if you want to read the reviews im sure you can shop around for better prices...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/infinity-primus-6-x-9-3-way-car-speakers-with-polypropylene-cones-pair/7979429.p?id=1218863183338&skuId=7979429&st=infinity-primus-car-speakers-109371&cp=1&lp=2

thankyou :)

Jon Funda

Seems like from your other posts you need to do the research first. I am not just being an asshole when I say that, it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Ditch the 6x9s, run 6.5" component sets and a 4-channel amp. 6x9s will always sound like crap I have dealt with them in multiple vehicles, they always sound "ok" then you end up buying components anyway because you get annoyed with them sounding just OK no matter what you do to EQ them.

Or you go deaf and you can't tell the difference.

Look at brands like Rockford($-$$), Zapco($-$$$), Crescendo($), Zaph Audio($$), B2($), Hybrid Audio Technologies ($$$)

Seems like from your other posts you need to do the research first. I am not just being an asshole when I say that, it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Ditch the 6x9s, run 6.5" component sets and a 4-channel amp. 6x9s will always sound like crap I have dealt with them in multiple vehicles, they always sound "ok" then you end up buying components anyway because you get annoyed with them sounding just OK no matter what you do to EQ them.

Or you go deaf and you can't tell the difference.

Look at brands like Rockford($-$$), Zapco($-$$$), Crescendo($), Zaph Audio($$), B2($), Hybrid Audio Technologies ($$$)

the only issue is i dont have anywhere to put the 6.5"s. i drive an 84 monte carlo, so the only place is the rear deck, and im not sure if they would fit well

Jon Funda

If you do in fact want good sound quality I highly recommend listening to a pair of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2 6.5" convertible coaxial speakers and consider doing an installation in your kick panels. They would fit your budget (total) and you'd be hard pressed to find better at the price. If all you really want to do is get loud, then as someone as already suggested, look into some pro-audio speakers. But whatever you decide to do, I strongly suggest you actually listen before you buy... You wouldn't buy a car without driving it first would you?

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

Archived