DC Sound Lab

Why is my coils smelling

how do you have a level three with an upgraded motor please explain

When I order it, my dealer suggested that go to a level 3 sub and do a level 4 on the motor. At first I was gonna do level 2 and was gonna upgade the sub later.

so you have a level 4 motor with level 3 coils.

what kind of DC dealer would do that? LOL its always supposed to be the opposite. level 3 motor with level 4 coils.

Not putting my dealer down, cause they have help me out a bit. Maybe he told me that,but i have understand it wrong. So ya'll telling me that I have a level 3 with level 4 coil suppose to be?

Not putting my dealer down, cause they have help me out a bit. Maybe he told me that,but i have understand it wrong. So ya'll telling me that I have a level 3 with level 4 coil suppose to be?

More than likely yes, because having a level 4 woofer with a level 3 coil put into is actually pointless. Im pretty sure the level 3 coil is weaker than the level 4 coil so down grading a level 4 with a level 3 coil is unheard of.

Now putting a level 4 coil into a level 3 motor would possibly give you better power handling and handle a little more abuse if the cooling is up to the job on the level 3 motor, which Im sure it is.

So if anything you have a level 3 woofer with a level 4 coil, maybe an added spider to make a tad stiffer suspension.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

More than likely yes, because having a level 4 woofer with a level 3 coil put into is actually pointless. Im pretty sure the level 3 coil is weaker than the level 4 coil so down grading a level 4 with a level 3 coil is unheard of.

Now putting a level 4 coil into a level 3 motor would possibly give you better power handling and handle a little more abuse if the cooling is up to the job on the level 3 motor, which Im sure it is.

So if anything you have a level 3 woofer with a level 4 coil, maybe an added spider to make a tad stiffer suspension.

Thanks man for the enlightenment!

Level 3m2 4 layer round wire coil

Level 4m2 8 layer flat wound coil

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

l don't understand, that how you tell the difference between the coils?

like you know anything about dc subs.. pff

:ninja:

l don't understand, that how you tell the difference between the coils?

he owns DC audio. i think he can tell LOL :P