Sonic Electronix

how do you guys run your speaker wire?

I like to run my speaker and REM wires down the center taped together. Easier to keep track of bundled IMO. I run RCA in the Jeep up the A pillar and along the headliner... but that's mostly because going up is easier than going down from my HU location. Otherwise they'd go along with the speaker wires in the center.

I really don't think running power next to speaker wires is an issue, if it is, you have some severe electrical problems. Running RCA next to power wires may or may not give you trouble, but it definitely won't give you trouble if you keep them apart.

I like to run my speaker and REM wires down the center taped together. Easier to keep track of bundled IMO. I run RCA in the Jeep up the A pillar and along the headliner... but that's mostly because going up is easier than going down from my HU location. Otherwise they'd go along with the speaker wires in the center.

I really don't think running power next to speaker wires is an issue, if it is, you have some severe electrical problems. Running RCA next to power wires may or may not give you trouble, but it definitely won't give you trouble if you keep them apart.

OP just read this.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

wow! I've been doing this for 14 years...never once did i think to go up threw a head liner. the kid that started me off ran power rem on one side and speaker wire rc cable on the other. thats how i seen it thats how I've done it!

I'm gonna go change some stuff tomorrow.

with my dual runs, 3 amps 8 tweets 2 mids (2 more coming) 3 volt meters, 3 rem wires (2 for fans) the kill switches, led lights... i have so much wire under my carpet its like theres moles burrowing under there.

thanks guys! so simple..i can't believe I've never even thought about doing that.

guess i am stubborn

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Power goes down the driver side under the seat. Remote with it. Rcas down passenger side but lets face it the touch right before the amp. Speaker wires down the side the that the speaker is on. No issues what so ever.

In today's world the amp and deck technology does a great job reducing the risk of noise. Then most rca's are shielded. I doubt issues with then running with power wires unless you really got some low end stuff.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If there was going to be any problem it would be with running RCA cables too close to power wires.

That's what I remember it as, don't run RCA's next to your power because there will be interferance. I ran my speaker wires next to my power wires without a single issue ever.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i always avoid running rc next to power. i mean it's so easy not to why even risk it. i run the power on what ever side the bat Is.

i have never ran power under the car tho. i live in NY and theres to much salt and potholes out here. really don't want to risk losing a few hundred worth of wire and potentially thousand in gear over taken the 45 mins to pull up the carpet. even the 3inches of ground thats exposed on all 8 grounds gets checked once a month. make sure there tight and frayed

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff