Second Skin Audio

Dual HDC310 box help please

Mr DeeBeez

I Have been trying to design my own box for my build, but I am kinda lost. I feel bad always asking for box designs, but i dont think i can make a box that will perform to its full potential.

I have 2 HDC3 10's. They will be going into the trunk of my 2006 Ford Five Hundred. they will be powered by a rockford fosgate p1000-1bd untill i can upgrade to a bigger amp. I would like the box to be as far back in my trunk as possible (giving me the most room in front of the subs to the trunk opening) My Max dimensions are: 46" wide, 20" deep, and 17" tall.

I would also like the box to be tuned so i will be able to play a good range of frequencies. maybe 38 hz? im not picky, just want it to sound as good as possible.

thank you very much for your help.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

How did this turn out? You build it? Just curious... Just finished my HDC310 build and liking it for the most part.

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

How did this turn out? You build it? Just curious... Just finished my HDC310 build and liking it for the most part.

I haven't built the box yet. just got the wood yesterday, and waiting on getting my table saw at my house. i havent even heard any SQ subs in person, but im sure i will love them. i will definitely post on here with my build log. here is my current log. nothing special, but will be doing big upgrades soon. ordered sky high wire, and an xs power battery for the trunk.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186822-2006-ford-five-hundred-fi-rockford-kenwood/?hl=%2Bford+%2Bfive+%2Bhundred#entry2784816

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I haven't built the box yet. just got the wood yesterday, and waiting on getting my table saw at my house. i havent even heard any SQ subs in person, but im sure i will love them. i will definitely post on here with my build log. here is my current log. nothing special, but will be doing big upgrades soon. ordered sky high wire, and an xs power battery for the trunk.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186822-2006-ford-five-hundred-fi-rockford-kenwood/?hl=%2Bford+%2Bfive+%2Bhundred#entry2784816

Damn, if I only had a table saw! Jealous... Hopefully getting one for Xmas. I have to sit there and lay all my stuff out and then clamp down a metal meter sticks to run my circular down. Takes forever! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction already. Can't wait to see what you think about the subs. I hear people say that the HDC's aren't that musical and sound hollow. I would have to disagree with that statement. I mean they definitely aren't an SQ sub, but I have a feeling that's not what you are truly going after anyway. I would say that 90% of the people that run SQ'ed either like their equipment, or love their equipment. I'm running the HDC310's right now, coming off the DSS Ethos 12's, and I must say the HDC3's sound pretty damn good. Not as loud, but that's to be expected. I can really tell how much cone size really matters, but they still get down for some 10's. Play every note I throw at them. Barely get warm and they are definitely loud. I get asked all the time what brand 12's do I have. Wait till you see people's faces when they see your jamming 10's! Classic...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, if I only had a table saw! Jealous... Hopefully getting one for Xmas. I have to sit there and lay all my stuff out and then clamp down a metal meter sticks to run my circular down. Takes forever! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction already. Can't wait to see what you think about the subs. I hear people say that the HDC's aren't that musical and sound hollow. I would have to disagree with that statement. I mean they definitely aren't an SQ sub, but I have a feeling that's not what you are truly going after anyway. I would say that 90% of the people that run SQ'ed either like their equipment, or love their equipment. I'm running the HDC310's right now, coming off the DSS Ethos 12's, and I must say the HDC3's sound pretty damn good. Not as loud, but that's to be expected. I can really tell how much cone size really matters, but they still get down for some 10's. Play every note I throw at them. Barely get warm and they are definitely loud. I get asked all the time what brand 12's do I have. Wait till you see people's faces when they see your jamming 10's! Classic...

yeah i love the table saw. it is very old, but still works like a charm. my great grandpa was a cabinet maker, and it was his. he bought all top of the line stuff back then. it is very old, but for its age works very well. i just cleaned off the table with some steel wool and changed the blade and it works like a charm!

i used to do my cuts with a circular saw too. no matter what it always seemed to be a little bit off when i cut. i hated it. but now im cutting like a pro! definitely a good investment

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived