Sonic Electronix

Need Some Help With Aero Porting For My 9515s Going In My Ford Ranger

Hello, I'm planning on building a box using 4'' aero ports(I already have them). The problem is that when I enter my dimensions into the calculator I'm using I get negative port area. The box is for my DD 9515s and is going in my Ford Ranger, I was shooting for 5 CU FT. per sub after displacement with a tune of 35hz. The wedge design I had in mind was basically the max dimensions I could fit of 50'' wide, bottom depth being 16'', top depth being 11''(this just clears the seats) and a height of 36''. I know I won't be seeing out my windows in the rear but this is what it takes to get the air space I'm shooting for without doing a blow-through box. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks in advance.

15s with 4" round ports? Ouch...

Those 15s are gonna want around 50" port per. Its gonna take 4 4" ports per roughly.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Don't forget mounting depth. If they have say a 10" mounting depth and you put the subs down near the bottom of the box you will only have 4" between the subs and back of the box at most and you wouldn't be able to mount them very high up on the box.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Those 15s are gonna want around 50" port per. Its gonna take 4 4" ports per roughly.

built a box for a buddy, single sp4 15 ported with 2 4" aeros. Sounds great.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

built a box for a buddy, single sp4 15 ported with 2 4" aeros. Sounds great.

Different sub??

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

To say a box for a 15 sounded good to you means nothing. For all we know you might like a peaky box with a narrow bandwidth while op might like a flatter response with a wide bandwidth.

Also to say that a box built for x sub for x vehicle on x amp is like saying billy bob Joe did a hair trick with a single 15 so I can to.

There are reasons for recommended port area. With out proper port area you can have a less then optimized freq response, pesky response, port turbulence, inefficient box and I'm sure I missed something.

I'm not saying the subs op wants will need 50" of port per but it is just a guess.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

To say a box for a 15 sounded good to you means nothing. For all we know you might like a peaky box with a narrow bandwidth while op might like a flatter response with a wide bandwidth.

Also to say that a box built for x sub for x vehicle on x amp is like saying billy bob Joe did a hair trick with a single 15 so I can to.

There are reasons for recommended port area. With out proper port area you can have a less then optimized freq response, pesky response, port turbulence, inefficient box and I'm sure I missed something.

I'm not saying the subs op wants will need 50" of port per but it is just a guess.

I hear, and agree, with this statement. All I was saying is that different applications have different requirements. Who's to say 2 4" aeros per 15 couldn't sound better than 2 6" aeros on the same sub? We r honestly arguing the same point. Just wanted to make sure the op didn't assume your suggestion for (4) 4" aeros per 15 wasn't the one and only answer. There's different ways to do anything in life, and in some cases none of them are "wrong" ways. Just different.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

too much air space per too little port

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well I just went and did some more measuring, my max dimensions for a wedge can be 50 wide, 18'' depth, 17'' height(1), 36''height(2). The thing is when I enter in my dimensions into calculators I get calculations that my port should be 2.6'' long or 3.6'' long. I used the 12volts, PSPs and this calculator, http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL%20Port%20lenth%201.htm

I'm a bit confused since everyone is telling me I am going to need a lot more ports. Nothing is set in stone in terms of dimensions, I just wanted 5cu ft per sub as well as a tune to 35hz per DDs recommendations

if you are planning on kore than 1500 watts or so a driver 5 cubes is too big.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived