sps1989

My current setup consists of:

-Advance auto parts group 34/78 up front

-stinger spp1500d in the back

-mechman 270a alt

-Crescendo bc2k

-Crescendo c1100.4

-Knu konceptz 1/0 all around including big 3

I was wanting to upgrade to something bigger (maybe a dc level 6 18). I am tore between 2 options...(both options will have c1100.4 and same batteries plus some later down the line)

1st:

-Taramps hd5000

-2 positive runs of sky high 2/0 from front to back

-3 positive runs to the amp

-Big 3 in sky high 2/0

2nd:

-Another bc2k strapped to the other one

-1 run of sky high 2/0 from front to back

-2 runs of knu 1/0 or 1 run of sky high 2/0 to each bc

-big 3 in sky high 2/0

I can save money going with another bc, but would the more efficient taramps be a better option? Im just curious of yalls thoughts on the taramps.

This would be a vs thread, you really should read the rules on them.

Anyways, rather the upgrading to 2/0guage why not just do another 0guage run and ground? Would be good for 600amps. Then do 0guage to the amps as well, dual input adapters if needed even.

Imo efficiency matters. Also if you can get 1amp and run it at say 2ohms rather then 2 amps at 1ohm you have room for upgrade, more efficiency and possibly a better dampening factor.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

There are lots of variables that come into play here.

Money, goal, power needed, future plans, space, knowledge...etc..

If you do one 18 abd a 2k per voice coil how do you set the gains?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You could gain match. Or you could strap the amps so you dont have to. And saving money would be nice but not necessary. I know I could strap the amps and have enough to push the 18. But if I do the 5k I will have more than enough and still some room to upgrade. Just wanting to the best option for my electrical. Im thinking the 5k would be less strain and better in the long run.

Imo talk with the tech support or research into the peak and average power draw if each amp you are considering so that you can make an informed decision.

Take everything into consideration

Power requirements, efficiency, future upgrade options, ease of install space you have for the equipment and what will fit the best.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived