Well I was planning on running this setup for a while but with the amp going on me I decided why not upgrade now!! Going to go 16v more than likely with around 30k clamped. Will be able to burp these subs but nothing more than half power for demos. The subs will eventually be replaced also with 4" coil somethings to take the 5k each.

• 4 weeks later...

This build single handedly inspired me to grab another AQ3500 and upgrade to HDC4s!

Never was a fan of running a ton of power on a single alt, but with that triple alt bracket I knew there was hope, haha.

I did want to ask if the install was pretty straight forward, as I have the same bracket from Jimmy and the same alternators on the way for it. Seems easy enough, but I can see things falling off the block if I loosened all 3 of those mounting bolts at the same time.

I just read this whole build and WOW.

Box looks so beautiful, simple and clean but really pops with a little custom

Also I love how he did your doors, has a spare set of actual doors on his bench to glass directly on. lol Bad ass!

• 3 weeks later...

This build single handedly inspired me to grab another AQ3500 and upgrade to HDC4s!

Never was a fan of running a ton of power on a single alt, but with that triple alt bracket I knew there was hope, haha.

I did want to ask if the install was pretty straight forward, as I have the same bracket from Jimmy and the same alternators on the way for it. Seems easy enough, but I can see things falling off the block if I loosened all 3 of those mounting bolts at the same time.

It goes on very easy. YOU NEED TO SAND OFF ALL CONTACT POINTS. This will help with grounding a ton. Do both sides also.

It goes on very easy. YOU NEED TO SAND OFF ALL CONTACT POINTS. This will help with grounding a ton. Do both sides also.

Good point! I didn't even think about sanding those down. Thanks for the heads up man.

Awesome build, I'm too much of a wuss to commit to anything other than just a simple box setup. So until then I'll just stay jealous.

• 5 weeks later...

TFE sold.. 4 Twisted Sounds 3500s @ 18v going in its place. 1 JY power lithium 80 ah 18v battery in place of the caps. Should see 24-28k rms out of the 4. The big boys here are doing 63s and with JP in Vegas now I have to step my game up. Bigger subs to come soon to take all the extra power. Hope she stays together. Going for that 62+ selead and 64+ outlaw!

• 1 month later...

I swear I'm not trying to derail this thread Steve, but if you could throw up a picture of how you routed your PS hoses that would be awesome!

Got the stock reservoir and battery out last night, just trying to figure out the lines and if I need to cut the fender where the stock battery was. Doesn't help I have a 3" body lift so the fender is almost directly to the right of the AC compressor.

I assume the larger line still had a tiny bit of room to follow the stock routing behind the plate where it bolts on the drivers side?

Archived