owner of car audio shop said you guys are wrong on here

i went in to a local car audio shop and asked for help finding a ho alternator for my car cause i cant find one anywhere online its a 1994 altima

he said they dont use them just batterys then explained somehow that batterys are fine you dont need HO alts

he then took me to a 1990 station wagon that had 4 15inch T2s and 2 TF2500 and a 650.4 rf speaker amp in the back. STOCK ALTERNATOR 4 batterys in the back 1 for each sub

he cranked it super loud while the car was only idleing the flex was so stupid cause he let me pick a song and i picked young jeezy i put on and it hits the super duper lows on a couple notes..... anyways with his piece of shit car and alt his voltage never went below 13.4 volts running a true 5000 watts rms

you guys are preaching $500+ HO ALTS on here saying a battery wont work for me running 2000 rms . seems like it did on their beater car just fine thou

he also told me the HO alts break ALOT avoid them

what do you guys think do you think a d3400 xs power batter can hold up on a 2000 rms system playing music only not competition or tones n shit lk that

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

What ohm load was he running? How long did he play it?

The the way you come off I think I will leave this one alone.......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Some do it right some just do it. He charges them everyday also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Lol this is a good one you're going to believe what you want so just do whatever you're going to do and be done with it. Also I have run a 2000 watt setup with an agm under the hood and a agm in back with stock 140 amp alt and guess what had voltage drop installed dc 270xp no more voltage drop. Sure you could get away with the stock alt but you'll be putting stress on it that it wasn't designed for also cheap h/o alts are what cause problems, if you buy the good stuff like dc, mechman, singer you'll have no worries.if you can't find an alt you're going to have to just run batts and get a volt meter and pay attention to your voltage also invest in a charger to top off your batts.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you don't want advice don't come here and ask

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Good for him, in my gmc I'm going to be running a saz2500 with 2 d3400's, a xp2000 and a singer 320 amp alt, I have a second singer 350 waiting to go in my f150 too......

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Yea I'm sure the shops car played fine for the first song but how long did you listen?

I run two yellow top optima batteries in the rear and one under the hood with a stock 2001 Ford alternator

on a crescendo bc2000 @.5ohm

After 3 songs full tilt, my voltage hits 12.7V and stays there for about a minute or so slowly climbing back up to 14.4V

This is because my batteries are depleted from my alternator not being able to keep up

The problem with my situation, and potentially yours, is that if I hammer on my batts

and do not let them charge, I am introducing unnecessary wear and tear.

I just don't give a fuck but if they were XS power batts I would want to take care of them the right way.

Some guys will beat the batteries into nothing on a stock alt and just put them on a charger overnight.

A strong alternator can keep up with a powerful system and you dont need a ton of batteries for backup

because your batteries are emptying faster than you recharge them

Also think about this: if you run your batts hard and keep playing loud when they need recharging, you start getting dirty power.

Thousand of guys have h/o alternators and its not because its a cool $500 status symbol. Its necessary for proper playing.

Archived