owner of car audio shop said you guys are wrong on here

Yea I'm sure the shops car played fine for the first song but how long did you listen?

I run two yellow top optima batteries in the rear and one under the hood with a stock 2001 Ford alternator

on a crescendo bc2000 @.5ohm

After 3 songs full tilt, my voltage hits 12.7V and stays there for about a minute or so slowly climbing back up to 14.4V

This is because my batteries are depleted from my alternator not being able to keep up

The problem with my situation, and potentially yours, is that if I hammer on my batts

and do not let them charge, I am introducing unnecessary wear and tear.

I just don't give a fuck but if they were XS power batts I would want to take care of them the right way.

Some guys will beat the batteries into nothing on a stock alt and just put them on a charger overnight.

Well said.

A strong alternator can keep up with a powerful system and you dont need a ton of batteries for backup

because your batteries are emptying faster than you recharge them

Also think about this: if you run your batts hard and keep playing loud when they need recharging, you start getting dirty power.

Thousand of guys have h/o alternators and its not because its a cool $500 status symbol. Its necessary for proper playing.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

you can run your 2000 rms on a stock alt but if your play full volume majority of the time your battery will drain and you wont be getting full 2000 rms because your amp if fighting to get power. than you you will reach a point where it will start to effect your engine

I ran 4000 rms on a stock and i killed my alt and when i was an hour away from my house lucky i had to charge my batterys every night. and i had to rely on my yellow top and xs power battery to get me home.

trust me i was like you trying to put off paying about 500 for an alt. but when i got my mechman you well feel and hear the difference

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

How the hell would a stock alternator be able to constantly charge four batteries? It wont.

Of course a shop is going to tell you that everyone else is wrong, it's how they snare you.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

What kind of garbage voltage meter did he have, if any? Are your taking his word for it staying above 13.4 or did you witness it. Again, probably a shitty meter.

Here is the thing kid, if he's HOLDING voltage at 13.4, there is no fucking way he's pulling 500A of current, which is needed to provide 5000 Watts of power. So read this and understand:

You CANNOT maintain voltage if you are TRULY getting 5000W of power PM that stock alt and 4 batteries. So yeah, it sounded impressive but he likely had so much impedance rise that he wasn't drawing NEARLY the power you think he was. There's a difference between a perfect world(on paper 5000W) and the real world. Losses occur and you weren't experiencing 5000W dude.

But what the hell do we know, right? If you don't want to buy an alt, don't. If you want to run stock charging and fry a couple of amps before you learn, its your lesson to learn. If you decide that maybe there's some good knowledge around here and that guys know a thing or two, swell.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ya know we really don't like liars here.. cant stand them honestly.. could you provide the name of the shop so we can call and ask them personally? I take it personal when someone tells me that I'm wrong or that one of my friends is wrong (which i dont have many of) knowing good and damn well that were right..

fuck if that blew your mind then you should have gotten a demo of my car sitting at 9.8v while demoing.. That car would flex everything in your body.. who even needs batts i was sitting at 9v and the car was loud and playing just fine right?

do you homie.. but we would like the name to the shop and the person you talked to

Thanks,

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

ill do you one better. IP is from omaha nebraska but is kind between lincoln and omaha. Its an RF dealer.

In Phase

13438 L St
Omaha, NE 68137

Phone: 402-896-5825
http://www.inphasecaraudio.com

if its lincoln

Autosounds of Lincoln

4320 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68510

Phone: 402-466-4400
http://www.autosoundsoflincoln.com

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is like the 10th thread you made.. the first 9 were all repeating the same questions, asking what you should do, what you should get, etc...

And now, you make one talking about the same shop you talked about before... that told you what? Oh yeah.. The same shop that has a "3k rms" amp on a 100 amp fuse.

The shop that did mine years ago highly suggest a HO alt and I have nowhere near the wattage other members on here.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Archived