owner of car audio shop said you guys are wrong on here

Wait a minute ... Since when did they start making high output alternators ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'd like to know more about this "1990's station wagon" to be completely honest. Drawing close to 500a of current off a stock alt for any period of time while maintaining over 13 on 4 unknown make batteries? More information would be appreciated to understand the whole situation.

OP just remember, it is all in the math. It is not opinion, it is fact. And the fact is if you wish to supply your amps with what they need current wise to output their maximum potential than you need supplied current, regardless of where it comes from. And the fact is 500a of current is a considerable amount to be maintained primarily by batteries over any period of time.

Furthermore people have stated fact that if you are to run a stock alternator with multiple batteries that will pick up the slack of having low alternator output charging then the result will be alternator and or battery failure. You cannot expect an 80a alternator to charge 4 batteries that have significant draw. The alternator will constantly be charging and the batteries will constantly not be topped off over an extended period. The primary use of batteries should not be to supply your system over an extended period, but instead should just be used to filter the dips when your system pulls a significant draw.

I believe you're thinking of this as "which one is better", which the answer is both.

80 amp alt? so once the car is running you've got about 20 amps to charge 4 batteries........ oh how did i miss that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this goes out to the OP.

Here is a simple question for you. If this shop is right, and all of us here have been wrong this whole time about everything, WTF do you keep coming back here???

Seriously, you never actually listen to a damn thing 1 of us told you with your how ever many posts about your amps issues.

My advise to you is simple, decide for yourself who is right. In the event its them, remove yourself from this forum.

4 batterys in the back 1 for each sub?

I didn't know we can power subs with batterys

Yeah subs need alternating current not direct that's what the amps are for...

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

If its a shop demo vehicle and never leaves the shop ... Chances are that the alternator is never really needed. Charged often or perm. Connected to an Astron or something similar. Heck, some of the demo vehicles I've seen I the past ran floating grounds with no alternators connected.

So it is possible guys.

But for a daily driver setup ... An upgraded alternator is needed. And I often suggest one battery for one amplifier in the system plus stock under the hood.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

get them to clamp it. then you will know how much their drawing and what power it makes.. then you can see if it was as Impressive as you thought!

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived