Using DD1 and VU DIN meter on a Taramps hd2500

I swapped out my Ct 125.4 for a Taramps HD2500 that powers my 12" mids.

I did a direct swap and had my VU Din meter hooked up to it. I powered up the Taramps and noticed my VU Din pegged out in red as if i am clipping. I had no signal going to the Taramps, the gain was 100% down. I swapped the lead for the VU din to the Negative on the amp and it still is pegged out on the VU din. The Vu Din is now dissconected from the Taramps

Can anyone shed some light on why it does this?

With that happening, has anyone used a DD1 on a taramps amp?

I dont want to fry mine.

Edited by flwatersaver

Pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that the Brazilians, or at least the Taramps, are much higher voltage amps. TaylorFade knows all about it. Not sure how to mention people on this forum though.

Edited by gckless
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Yeah you're right, doesn't make sense if he has no signal to it. I'm not familiar with those amps, but I do remember TFade talking about that when he did his tests.

OP, have you taken a DMM to it?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

I have not taken a DMM to it yet. I will later when I get home.

BTW The amp seems to play fine.

Yeah, makes sense then. PM TaylorFade and ask him about these amps being higher voltage. Or ask him to reply to this thread so others can see too.

I hope I'm not totally wrong on this one lol.

I have not taken a DMM to it yet. I will later when I get home.

BTW The amp seems to play fine.

Yeah, makes sense then. PM TaylorFade and ask him about these amps being higher voltage. Or ask him to reply to this thread so others can see too.

I hope I'm not totally wrong on this one lol.

I PM'ed him on facebook and told him about the post.

Edited by flwatersaver

D'Amore stuff and Brazilians don't get along.

Just set it with the clip light on the case like you would with a DD-1. They're pretty damn accurate.

IMG_2620_zps4982cf16.jpg

Why is that (and thats why i posted, what i did)

why is that dude?

Why would that be? NOISE vs DISTORTION? or whaaaa?