So you're going to be running halos around the stock projectors?

Real nice man.

nope. just a clear lense upgrade. i believe it is a hid lense so i get the output/cutoff of hids but for only 30$

It's an optically clear lense instead of the factory fresnel/frosted lense. More output, sharper cutoff. It also looks awesome with TRS HID retrofits. I'm a mod over at mazda3forums, and several of our guys have loved their TRS lenses.

Have any comparison pics? Sounds like something I'm going to want for my next 3

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real nice man.

nope. just a clear lense upgrade. i believe it is a hid lense so i get the output/cutoff of hids but for only 30$

It's an optically clear lense instead of the factory fresnel/frosted lense. More output, sharper cutoff. It also looks awesome with TRS HID retrofits. I'm a mod over at mazda3forums, and several of our guys have loved their TRS lenses.

Go to my retro thread and you can see how a clear lens performs... I have a couple of output shots after the DIY part

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Real nice man.

heres a picture of a guy. cut one piece of metal that was causing a tad bit of glare and painted the inside of the housing. clear lense. but still a halogen projector

CYJi3TC.jpg

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

Real nice man.

heres a picture of a guy. cut one piece of metal that was causing a tad bit of glare and painted the inside of the housing. clear lense. but still a halogen projector

CYJi3TC.jpg

On Mazda3's, some people choose to shave down or paint the "squirrel finder" when they swap to clear lenses. It's a feature in the projector that actually intentionall deflects a little light above the cutoff for illuminating street signs above the normal cutoff point. Cutting it completely off will result in the cleanest cutoff, but will mean NO light output above the cutoff line, which can be fairly inconvenient if you need just a little light above the cutoff for illuminating road markings.

It's all a tradeoff.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Yeah I'd definitely want to see road signs haha.

When it comes to headlights, I'm definitely more for function over form in regards to output limitations

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Real nice man.

CYJi3TC.jpg

On Mazda3's, some people choose to shave down or paint the "squirrel finder" when they swap to clear lenses. It's a feature in the projector that actually intentionall deflects a little light above the cutoff for illuminating street signs above the normal cutoff point. Cutting it completely off will result in the cleanest cutoff, but will mean NO light output above the cutoff line, which can be fairly inconvenient if you need just a little light above the cutoff for illuminating road markings.

It's all a tradeoff.

didn't realize that! thanks for the heads up. picking the lenses up and mud flaps this week. more pics coming soon

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

• 1 month later...

hids installed! clear lenses installed! spark plugs changed! singer 250 amp alt installed! xs d3400 installed! sorry havent updated in a while. need to upload some pictures.! stayed tuned though. big things are coming real soon!

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

Sounds like you've been busy.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

• 3 weeks later...

big things coming in the next 2 months.

doing a single 15 aa mayhem d1.4

also getting another voce uno and gonna wire up each amp will be at 1.4 so hopefully around 1500 watts rms and the sub should see about 3k :D

gonna be sealed off completely trunk wall! excited for this.

pics to come soon as work gets started on it!

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

• 3 weeks later...

well sold my audison..

so ive got some good news though.

crescendo bc5500 coming very soon

also doing 2 aa mayhems

gonna wire at 1.4 and see how it all goes and how the voltage is

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

Archived