Second Skin Audio

Back Seat Enclosure

hdorre

Hmmm, so is that a hatch? This will be difficult to attack. I say that becuase, if it was a trunk, then yeah, no problem. The trunk will actually aid you in sealing all sound pressure from the cargo department. But with a hatch, would be lots of work keeping all the bass moving toward the cabin. I think I would vote for sticking with the 2 10 design in the back.

I mean, I guess you "could" do 2 15" in the back seat, but again, would be hard to manage keeping all bass moving forward.

Here is a good set of 10's to look into. DSS Ethos - About 270$ plus shipping on pre order now.

10353707_822741111093352_418779267429507

13609_822741134426683_764831901570597204

All magnet. lol I'll shred cone in ten minutes. High power tens just don't work long term

HEY! 1800rms is NOT high power! haha.

I've personally have never played around with 10"s before. I do have high confidence that these actually have some engineering behind them and not slapped together parts on top of a large magnet. The surround were tooled for the 10" version only. Does have slightly less mechanical handling becuase of the size compared to the other sizes offered.

Sorry, ill argue that one. Looks exactly like a DC M1 lvl5. With a lower power rating(wonder why).

You can modify the surround all you want, the spider pack is the weak link.

Take your DSS advertising elsewhere, some of us see right through it.

:shrug: I expected more from you..

Even if you only look at the appearance, it's different.

Having that said, you can only have so little difference in looks when the only things that make up for the look of a motor is the amount of magnet slugs and the height/chamfering of the bottom and top plate.

I left it alone as I was called out for "advertising" an product when I only suggested a product. I didn't give no "it's the best subwoofer ever dude" praise or anything of that nature. User has limited space to work with, if he had chosen to do one of the suggested box configurations of a traditional trunk box. I know the DSS Ethos fit that goal, which is why it was suggested. Also, did not want to thread jack or start a pissing match with someone who clearly judges subwoofers by looks. How does OrionStang even knows that the spider pack is the weak point of a subwoofer that hasn't even left Patrick Turnmire of Redrock Acoustics for Klippel Testing is beyond me.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look up red barons integra hunter

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

look up red barons integra hunter

:good:

and Kennys, and Singers MITSU builds...

Kenny and I were talking the other day, and he was happy.. and obviously helpful. I forgot all about Mikes build though

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Me personally, I would try to keep it easy at first. I don't know if you are looking for huge bass or not, but i like the idea of going with a set of quality 10's. You could buy a quality 3K-4K amp (too many brands to list, and don't want to start a pissing match), upgrade the alt, slap a couple batt's somewhere in the back and throw 2 10's in there. I'd be willing to bet the DSS Ethos 10's can handle all of 1500-2K without having a problem. I'm not certain on this, but I believe extensive engineering went into the design of the 10's, as well as the rest of the Ethos line. If my HDC3 10's i'm running currently can handle the same power I was throwing at my DSS Ethos 12's, I feel fairly confident that the 10's can handle the power as well (that is not a slap on SoundQubed at all. I actually love their equipment). Im putting right at 4K on my 10's at the moment. In that little hatch back, it will get loud and low. You may be quite surprised...

Keep in mind, this is all just my opinion. I have run the DSS Ethos 12's and multiple HDC and HDS series of subs. This is what I'm basing my opinion off of. IF that doesn't work for you, you can always sell and build the wall. Building a wall is such a commitment, remember that...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Me personally, I would try to keep it easy at first. I don't know if you are looking for huge bass or not, but i like the idea of going with a set of quality 10's. You could buy a quality 3K-4K amp (too many brands to list, and don't want to start a pissing match), upgrade the alt, slap a couple batt's somewhere in the back and throw 2 10's in there. I'd be willing to bet the DSS Ethos 10's can handle all of 1500-2K without having a problem. I'm not certain on this, but I believe extensive engineering went into the design of the 10's, as well as the rest of the Ethos line. If my HDC3 10's i'm running currently can handle the same power I was throwing at my DSS Ethos 12's, I feel fairly confident that the 10's can handle the power as well (that is not a slap on SoundQubed at all. I actually love their equipment). Im putting right at 4K on my 10's at the moment. In that little hatch back, it will get loud and low. You may be quite surprised...

Keep in mind, this is all just my opinion. I have run the DSS Ethos 12's and multiple HDC and HDS series of subs. This is what I'm basing my opinion off of. IF that doesn't work for you, you can always sell and build the wall. Building a wall is such a commitment, remember that...

yea.. 4kwrms on my 2 10s just isn't doing it anymore. Everything you said, I'm doing- 2 10s.. 4000 watts.. Upgraded 230A alt.. 2 batts.. check my sig :good:

I figure if I'm going to upgrade, why no do a substantial upgrade? Ehh.. i may be forced to stay with 10s until I wall..

I have another 3500 coming.. so, maybe 2 Zv4s or Mayhem 10s this time around? Ill find a way for more mounting depth.. i have ideas..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

agreed let me know when you want to put on your big boy pants

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived