Sundown Audio

So just to be clear I am not overly mad at this situation but think it should be addressed as some others may be experiencing this problem and be wondering why their amplifier is not being shipped yet. So I bought an amp from db-r on Sept 3 as part of the labor day sale and there is a 7 to 10 day processing period before shipping. But then you get two day shipping (and only two day shipping which cost around 35 bucks, you cannot get free shipping apparently even if you extended the shipment process). Today was the 11th day so I decided to give a call and see what was up as I had no emails explaining anything. Apparently sundown had not yet shipped the amps to db-r yet to then be shipped to the customers. But it was because of a huge spike in business or some big shipment sundown just recently got. Normally I would be completely fine with this as I'm usually in no rush to get anything but I was expecting the amp no later than Friday as it should have shipped at the latest on wednesday. So I had planned a quite small car audio event for me and some close friends who are also into car audio this Sunday. Needless to say we canceled the event because of the shipping issue.

Like I said I'm not overly angry at this situation but it does kinda suck that I had to pay for 2 day shipping and wait 7 to 10 days in the first place but now I have to wait even longer is just even worse. I'm not asking for something for my inconvenience but I did pay for shipping which did not occur in the time span that I was told it would be shipped.

A simple email stating that there was a delay would have been nice.

Thank you

Greg

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

The first issue I have with this is 2 day shipping but you have to wait 7-10 for processing?? WTF is that about.

Edit: Should just call it shipping. There is no 2 days about it. LOL

Edited by Keith77

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I bought 3 amps from him and I know he doesn't fix them until someone buys them. Then he gets them from sundown. Then ships them out after repairs. Is why I takes so long. Mine took a little longer because black friday.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Should have went to SSA and bought it there.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

If I went with new I would have but I went with refurbished

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Fuck that...

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

The first issue I have with this is 2 day shipping but you have to wait 7-10 for processing?? WTF is that about.

Yeah I hear that. And I can understand if you can select two day shipping but to make it required and you have to pay for it is a little unfair

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Yeah I hear that. And I can understand if you can select two day shipping but to make it required and you have to pay for it is a little unfair

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

I would agree its abit unfair. I had a similar situation with hifisoundconnection with some qlogic kick panels. The website said in stock so ordered paid for two day shipping and the difference is I received a call the next day saying sorry we dont have them in stock it will be a week before we have them would you like to change to free shipping since we cant fulfill the order as you wanted. I said no just leave it as is so I still get them quick from when you receive them but they atleast had good customer service and called right away!

your bitching about 2 day shipping costing 35$?

Thats cheap.

I sent an amp out to a guy 4 hours away from me that cost 41$ for ups ground that took 3 days.

They cant ship something they dont have, let alone ship something blown that has to be fixed first..

Edited by Audiofanaticz