Admit your jankiest/most ghetto ass audio adventures...

ran mismatched subs, had an amp held in place with only one little piece of wood wedged up against the trunk wall.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

second sub i ever owned was a kicker L5. i bought it from a kid who said my amp couldn't handle the Sub. i thought he meant power not ohm load. at 14 i had no idea what ohm load was or to think about it. so i hooked 1 voice coil up to my amp. then 2 weeks later i pulled the sub and hooked the other coil up so they would get even use. mid way threw the following week i asked my best friends older bro who was huge into it about the dual vc thingy (my exact words) he smiled and he fixed it for me.

1 month later the sub was crushed in a car crash.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

my very first system was 2 volfenhag 12's on a memphis audio 1000 watt amp. but the system im most ashamed of is when i got an explorer. had so much room, i just kept putting random subs and amps in there, paying no attention to ohms or anything. at one time i had 2 kicker 12 comps, a kicker l7 15, 2 kenwood 12's all in prefab shit boxes, ran off of a memphis audio 1000 watt, rockford fosgate 300 watt amp, and a pioneer amp and a bulls audio capacitor. wish i had a picture of it. wires everywhere! i knew nothing about it putting stress on my electrical and wound up breaking my alternator because of it. but for being 16, i felt badass with 5 subs lol.

if only i knew what i do now, back then. my one sub is twice as loud as all that shit was. live and learn right?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Oh high school days...

I think everybody starts off throwing some house speakers in the back of the trunk lol. I did it with a set of them also and remember specifically disconnecting the mid/tweeter wires inside the box so they wouldn't take any power from the sub ;)

Next would be the use of some stiff ass probably 10 gauge power wire, fed through the door going to an autozone bought jensen amp and sony 10's in one of those prefab bandpass boxes.

With my first system, i had an old alpine 2 channel that i didnt have the power molex for, so i soldered 12 awg pwr/gnd to the inside of the amp and used deans r/c connectors to hook to the 4 awg pwr/gnd's lol one pair for power and one for ground

More recently, I was growing impatient waiting for my subs to come in. And since i had already built my 2 12 box i threw a cheap $40 dvc 4 ohm pioneer in along with my partially blown C2 threatcon-2 which had one 2 ohm coil left. and i gotta say it pounded pretty f'n good for ghetto mis-matched hitting at different time subs lol not ashamed though, i went into it knowing better.

lol saw the title of this and instantly thought of that. It was actually loud though.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Never had a janky system but a 1970 Pontiac Executive with a Panasonic 8 track and Jensen dual cones with a sparkomatic power booster at a killer 20 watts per channel!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I went to a "liquidation sale" bought a Kenwood KDC-138 deck, some no-name Xplod knockoff 12s (Xplore), 1000W Formula Mach amp, a prefab slot port box, tiny gauge amp wire kit, and they threw in some ghetto ass plastic tweeters for free. Way overpaid for all of it.

I had orginally gone in there to get a new deck, but I should have left when I noticed that they were charging to even go in. Got suckered into thinking I was getting good deal for all of that stuff. I didn't realize that I bought crap until I got home, so I never installed any of it except for the Kenwood (Sony deck in my truck died). I found out that the guy that installed the Sony had the front speakers wired to the wrong channels (left to right and vice verse). I never did put in the amp/subs that I bought, but I did drive around with an empty prefab in the back lol.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived