So quick question when I'm wiring the component set through the crossover using only the single input instead of a separate input for the tweeter and separate input for the 6.5 they are both 4ohm does it wire in series or parallel to get a 2ohm or 8ohm? I have looked through the manual and it does not tell me. I would assume it would wire down to 2ohms but id rather have someone with facts tell me rather then assume. Thank you for your help.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

I've been wondering the same thing lately looking at different component sets. If you already have them, then wire it up and check the leads going to the amp with a multimeter if you can. Or maybe someone will have the answer.

I believe the crossover is 4 ohm when wired into the single input on it. Its job is to separate freq to to the driver and the tweeter keeping both at 4 ohm and sending the close to the same power to each. Crossovers do use power to to achieve this.

Bi amping gets more power and adjustment, active can get the best results. I have ran them all 3 ways and active is the loudest, cleanest way IMO. T2s are good speakers, Tweeters are a bit tinny or harsh compared to T1s or T3s.

I hope this has helped some. Currently running my T2s @ 125 watts active in the kick panels and rear doors. Soon to relocate both set to fiberglassed doors.

it has to wire to 2ohm or 8ohm. no way you could hook up 2 speakers to one source that are both 4ohm and get a 4ohm load.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

all the crossover is doing is separating the frequencies going to the woofer and tweeter. I'm not sure, but I dont believe you are actually hooking the coils of tweeter and woofer together.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

my email reply from rockford

"When wired through the crossover they present a total 4 ohm load to the amplifier because they are not playing the same frequency ranges."

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

bingo they aren't wired in parallel or series as they aren't wired together. The crossover just splits the power. So you amp gives it 20k-20hz and it sends the high to the tweet and the mid to the woofer both at 4 ohm.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer