New Boiler Install in my house

I can really appreciate the work you have put into this, I run a refrigeration service company and would expect nothing less than similar work from my techs.

thats pretty damn sweet to look at. all that copper

Thanks, theres a lot to be said about taking the extra few minutes to plan out each pipes route and throw a level on all of them so they are evenly spaced out and straight.

Had 2 /2000000 btu boilers removed and 6 on demand units installed now the on demands cannot keep up. Poor engineering.

Poor engineering drives me crazy. I work at a private boarding highschool in the plumbing and hvac department and we have had some major engineering "uh ohs". The entire campus was converted from oil to natural gas last spring/summer and projects that large need to be engineered and they bring in unions to do the work because there is no way our 3 man department could handle 30+ large commercial installs in a few months. We saw what they were putting in and argued that this isn't enough BTU's for this building many times. The contractors and engineers shooed us away with the mentality "what do you guys know, you're just in house Hvac guys". So when winter came around and we couldn't heat a few buildings above 55 degrees we had a few of those great "I told you so moments" and turns out they were undersized by 1-3 million BTUs. NOT EVEN CLOSE! It's all resolved now but we had a few rough weeks last winter. Some engineers just don't get it.

Curious what you ended up doing in the end to combat the problem?

I used to be a commercial/industrial HVAC service man. (refrigeration and plumbing as well)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I can really appreciate the work you have put into this, I run a refrigeration service company and would expect nothing less than similar work from my techs.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. This is how I was taught/what was expected of us at the first HVAC company I worked for. Plus it just makes sense to make things as neat and organized as possible.

Curious what you ended up doing in the end to combat the problem?

I used to be a commercial/industrial HVAC service man. (refrigeration and plumbing as well)

The engineering company that botched the project had to eat the costs and upsize and or add boilers and pumps. Most of our setups are 2 boilers tied into to cascade with one another so in most cases they were stepped up from 2 side by side 400,000 btu boilers to 2 600,000's. One building had 2 250,000 steam boilers (500 total) that needed to be stepped up to 1 big boy 1.6 million. Another went from 2 400,000s and those stayed and they added a big 2,000,000 to that system. Another went from a 400 and 600 to leaving the 600 replacing the 400,000 with another 600,000 and adding an 800,000. There were a few others just like these examples. In some cases while this work was being done they had to pay for a mobile heating company to bring in giant generators and put temporary electric heating units in to keep the building at reasonable temperatures while the swaps were being made. Needless to say last winter was quite the shit show on campus.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I can't stop staring at the plumbing. The symmetry and cleanliness is intoxicating.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I can't stop staring at the plumbing. The symmetry and cleanliness is intoxicating.

Thanks! I think I sat there myself when I finished and looked it over for a while.

Nice job!! That would look horrible if I had to do that lol. Also am I the only one that saw boiler and thought of freddy kruger?

Haha thanks man.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

that's some beautiful looking work man! Looks like you've definitely been busy.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Beautiful work man

Thanks bro

That is super clean work!

You don't need a backflow preventor on that?

Thanks, yeah I have a backflow it's tied in just above and to the left of the expansion tank

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3