Sonic Electronix

I have been doing research on car audio on and off for the past 2-3 years. After going back and forth with many different choices, I narrowed it down to and purchased my first system. I decided on an American Bass XFL 1244 powered by an American Bass VFL4480.1D @ 2 ohms. I have my truck wired with 4 gauge (later plan to upgrade to 0).

The only issue I have been dwelling on for the past couple of months is building the box for my sub that should be here within the next week. I have little knowledge of doing so.

I have a 2000 Silverado extended cab and I plan to do something similar to a center console build for my rear seat. This way I will be able to keep enough space for two passengers in the back.

With that being said, I would need to be able to have a box within 18x19x20. I want to do a ported box for the single 12" 2-2.5 cubes @ 32hz.

I would love to be able to find dimensions for such a box so that I can make my dream come true within the next week. If I cannot find someone willing to help me with accomplishing that, I would appreciate if I could at least learn how to do so. I am willing to do whatever it takes to overcome my difficulties with this box build.

Thanks, and let's get this truck making some noise.

IMG_20130824_175513_540.jpg

Download Torres calculator and google sketchup and browse through the subwoofer/enclosure section...read up on the many topics....and plus post on there too to get more responses....

Archived